Author Topic: unsuccessful too..  (Read 1734 times)

Offline sonny

unsuccessful too..
« on: October 22, 2012, 07:35:49 pm »
Well Lowell shared his story so I figured I'd share mine as well...

Opening day was a few Saturdays ago. I had a 7 pointer come to about ten yards and I didn't think
I'd have a shot as he was facing toward me. He finally turned just enough that I felt confident in taking the
shot. I thought that I had shot right over his back but the more I looked the more convinced I
became that my arrow was not in the ground. I looked down that way for a few minutes and then my curiosity
got the best of me so I climbed down. No arrow, no blood, no hair. That deer took off through some thick brush and
if the arrow had been sticking out I'm sure that I would have heard it clacking against trees and such. So I firmly
believe that whole 29" arrow was in him or nearly all of it.  I briefly looked for any sign, after calling my buddy to tell
him what had happened. Then we went back after dark looking for any sign of that deer. Nothing!
It still bothers me not knowing what the **** happened but it's not the first that I've lost....

I was shooting my maple flatbow- low 50s at 26". tonkin cane arrow with a forged steel broadhead that Cromm (Steve)
made and sent to me several years ago.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline lowell

Re: unsuccessful too..
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 08:34:13 pm »
Sorry to hear sonny...was talking to a hunting friend after work today and we decided bow hunting is really fun or really not fun.

Keep trying and good luck on the next one!!
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline armymedic.2

Re: unsuccessful too..
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 08:34:00 am »
Tis frustrating sometimes. 

Whenever i think about going back to wheels out of frustration....i remember the last deer i killed with wheels.    55 yards.........range finder...mechanical .release .......

That buck hopped twice ..stood...and fell.....  i remember instead of feeling great.....i thought......this isnt "bow" hunting anymore.   

Entrr sticks and strings
Some say freedom is free, well i have to disagree-
some say freedom is won, by the barrel of a gun.