Author Topic: Squirrels  (Read 6106 times)

gene roberts

Squirrels
« on: September 29, 2007, 11:16:45 pm »
Has anyone noticed the big number of 'em dead in the middle of or on the side of the road???Are they looking for food .......or water?See I'm from AL and theres not much food for 'em down here.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Squirrels
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 01:24:42 am »
  Acorns,,,or is this like ,"Why did the chicken cross the road thing"  or maybe squirrels in Alabama are kinda slow. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 07:15:06 am »
Redneck sq ;)uirrels???
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 11:06:35 am »
I've noticed tons of armodillos dead on the roads in TX this year - think it was all the rain flooding em outa their lairs. Woder if ya could make something out of em?
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 11:14:26 am »
                          "Armoredgorillas" ? FOOD they is good ta eat ;D , pain ta clean.  :'(Shells make good an interestin' armguards...........bob

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 11:18:31 am »
Hey Bob, how's it goin ;D. Armoredgorillas hehe, I did try to eat one when I was about fifteen - pain to clean, grilled it - so tough like to have pulled my teeth out, then someone told me they carried leprosy - aint touched one sinse but those armguards sound interesting ::).

When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 11:32:18 am »
  I've seen baskets made out of the shells for tourist.Just stick the tail in the mouth for a handle.And leprosy isn;t contageous.We used to get a case of beer,cow pasture ,and a few buddies for an armodilla roundup and cookout.They are nice and tender slow cooked with rice,too.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

gene roberts

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 12:35:14 pm »
i rekon the squirrels are huntin somethin to eat cause there aint nothing on the trees.(no acorns,few hickory nuts,no pecans,ect)