Author Topic: walnut with sapwood...WOW it can be done(very pic.heavy)  (Read 12031 times)

Offline soy

• pm106221
Re: walnut with sapwood...WOW it can be done(very pic.heavy)
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2012, 10:07:42 pm »
ionicmuffin...that is quite a feet just watch that they are not cross drawing to their dominant eye ;)
Hammertime...thanks, and i agree i enjoy walnut as well, still trying to figure it out but it is great looking wood ;D
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2012, 11:11:14 pm »
Well, after a few hundred shots right before presentation to the new owner I notice on the lower limb... A single chrystal a touch less than 1 quarter of an inch long and so continues the slump... the cause would appear to be that I've rounded the corners a little too much causing the belly be slightly rounded >:( ... well on to the next ;)

Offline oscar3b

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2012, 05:25:23 pm »
What a good looking bow!  Ah as pretty as it is I wouldn't toss it just yet.  Walnut has always been my favorite wood to work, though I've never made a bow out of it.  One day, I'm going to have to try it. 
Ben

Berea, Kentucky
27" draw
30-70# (though I want to build to 125 one day)

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2012, 07:14:09 pm »
No it's not dead yet it hasn't showed any more signs of fatigue aside from the 1 mark However I intend to put belly lams on it ... still shoots wonderfully ;)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2012, 11:07:32 pm »
Great job Soy. Really nice job on every aspect of the bow.  ;) Fine workmanship!

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.