Author Topic: Doe with ERC...  (Read 3958 times)

Offline sweeney3

Doe with ERC...
« on: October 29, 2012, 10:13:32 am »
Okay, let's try this again.  Maybe I've got this picture chopped down to tiny enough to post.  I hate computers...

Anyway, got this doe from the ground with my ERC bow yesterday evening.  Not a big one but should be good eating.

Offline hatcha

Re: Doe with ERC...
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 12:31:42 pm »
Well done man.  Looks tasty!

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 12:50:26 pm »
great job. congrats
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline boughnut

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 01:12:08 pm »
congrats fine looking doe and great shot you put on her.  good job

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 06:57:10 pm »
Congratulations!  Meat for the freezer!! :)
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 10:22:12 pm »
Nice going Sweeney and extra special having taken it from the ground.
Greg
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 11:31:14 pm »
WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!?!?!  You simply can't hunt from the ground, you need a digital hydraulic 30 story 3D camo hi-definition satellite hunting condo with jacuzzi in the main bath and optional wine cellar with humidity and temperature control!!!!  I'm not even going to mention the absolute glaring failure to obtain a 2013 model wheelie bow!    >:D

She's beautiful, Sweeny, just beautiful.  You're among friends, tell us the story, even if you leave out where your secret spot is hidden.  And feel free to post a few more pics of that ERC bow, from what I can see, she's another beauty!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 06:09:31 am »
Nice doe and very nice shot.Congrats. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline jimmy

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 10:42:23 am »
Good job.  The modern hunting industry closes the gap between hunter and trophy deer, via technology.  This, of course, only benefits the hunter and his braggin' rights, less chance for the deer.  I can appreciate the challenge in hunting a huge buck, but what I like about this site is that there is no judging or trophy buck mentality.  We do what real hunters do.  Make and practice with our homemade equipment and then feed the tribe.  Every downed deer is a success story.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 08:36:10 pm »
Make and practice with our homemade equipment and then feed the tribe.  Every downed deer is a success story.

Jimmy really said a mouthful. Only problem is, I didn't understand most of it because he was chewing on some deer jerky at the same time!   >:D

The best hunting trophy used to be your children grown up and having children of their own.  There is something wonderful about that, too.  Later tonite, I will serve up some trophy venison brats along with home made sauerkraut.  I'll have a bite in your honor, Sweeney! 

Again, atta boy, thanks for sharing.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 09:40:10 pm »
Very nice harvest and shot!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 10:18:09 am »
Hunting from the ground with primitive equipment is the most fun!
Congrats Sweeney!
Thanks for showing the pic.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline sweeney3

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 10:35:58 pm »
Thanks folks.  It's not a lot of a story really though.  The black powder season was still open here, so I was on my own place.  Got a sasafras thicket that I have kept a couple of shooting lanes pruned through the past few years.  It's hard to see in from outside, but I can shoot out two or three directions (so long as I can get positioned to, anyway.  It's a tight squeeze in there.), and deer amble around it pretty regularly in the mornings and evenings.  I've gotten two or three out of it the past couple of years.  I still stand hunt probably a little less than half the time, but I hunt the ground a lot more than I used to.  As long as you are quiet and still and pay halfway attention to the breeze, it can work at least as well and often better than clanking around to get in a tree.  Not to mention it opens up thousands of spots where there is no way to hunt from a tree.  Or at least no way to do it without pruning, dragging, screwing, bolting, and otherwise conquering nature.  Anyway, she and a button buck milled around in front of me for half an hour or so, but I've already burned both my buck tags this year, so I had to wait for her to turn sideways and glance away.  She did and I shot her. 

There are some more pictures of that bow on here from a couple years ago.  It had a 550 cord handle wrap when I first posted it as that's what I had on hand when I got it done, but it's been through a couple of jute cord handle wraps since then.  Still shots like an angry rocket and has put four deer and assorted small game in the freezer, as well as killed hundreds of cans, balls, dandelions, leaves, sticks, stumps, hay bales, an armadillo or so, and I forget what all else. 

Offline handirifle

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 03:15:51 am »
Pardon my ignorance, but what is an ERC bow.

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 03:59:27 am »
Eastern red cedar=erc
 Doe  on the ground = Awesome!nice shot!
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...