Author Topic: Letters to Editor  (Read 63106 times)

Offline Editor

Letters to Editor
« on: October 30, 2012, 02:10:09 pm »
I have only one LTE for this next issue that's being put together right now. I need more! Don't some of you have a comment about a recent issue?..... Good, Bad, or indifferent?

Ed Ingold

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
Re: Letters to Editor
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 02:43:22 pm »
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 08:50:56 pm »
Dear Editor,

I heard you were concerned when you had not recieved any "letters to the editor" and were scrambling to find something for the upcoming issue of P.A. 

Most guys are happy they aren't getting their butt chewed.

By the way, even though I am not one of those flakey rock knockers, I do appreciate the new column from Patrick Blank.  Thanks for keeping the magazine fresh without slipping away from the core values. 

John Halverson
Subscription number 106475
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 02:03:33 pm »
Thanks JW...
I passed your sentiments on to Ed.  He really wants to hear from the readers.  I sent out a message through the mass PM last Jan.  Talking about our 20th Anniversary.  He received quite a few letter!! He was like a kid at Christmas.
It really helps him to know the direction you all want the magazine to go.  What you like and also what you don't like. 

I agree the addition for "From the Pit" has been a great thing!  Patrick has done a good job with that and with handling our social media area on Face Book.  The benefit there is we are attracting people from all over the world.  Funny how Primitives still use the technology to connect.  But it does help keep the past alive.  For some it is their only contact with people who enjoy the same things as they do.

For Ed it is how he feels connected to his readers.  He loves to get those letters!!   ;D

As always JW we appreciate your continued support!
~marie

PLEASE EMAIL THE EDITOR, ED INGOLD, At editor@primitivearcher.com
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 03:47:52 am »
>:D
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Markus

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 07:55:50 am »
Hello, I am writing from Norway across the pond. On the PA forum is there another way to post pics without going by Photobucket and the likes? This may be old news to you, but by using Tapatalk one can post pics direct from an IPad, IPhone or similar phones without going by Photobucket. Using Tapatalk is free for the forum owner. Tapatalk is used on thousands of forums across the world. Best Regards.  Markus.

Offline Bitterguy

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 11:02:16 pm »
Hello, I am writing from Norway across the pond. On the PA forum is there another way to post pics without going by Photobucket and the likes? This may be old news to you, but by using Tapatalk one can post pics direct from an IPad, IPhone or similar phones without going by Photobucket. Using Tapatalk is free for the forum owner. Tapatalk is used on thousands of forums across the world. Best Regards.  Markus.
X2
Repetition is key.
Repetition is key.
Repetition is key.
Repetition is key.
If you're not getting better, you're getting worse.

Offline majsnuff

• Shoot low boys the bad guys are riding ponies.
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 12:02:20 am »
Just finished the Feb issue. Gotta say I like this magazine more each time I get  a new issue. I am totally in awe of the new Kapping section, as I am a poor knapper myself and must work constantly at getting mediocre heads from stone.
Always a fan of the Medicine Man I look forward to the CD you mentioned. In the last issue. Please keep up the good work.
keep it simple
make it fun

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 09:42:06 pm »
Partick's new knapping column is quite the addition to the magazine.  He's a good enough writer and knapper that I understand what he's talking about.  I did some knapping in the past, read more books than knocked rocks, though.  Maybe if I give up chasing yeller rings and stalking tiller, I might have time to learn to prep platforms and work thru hinges! 

Keep it up!
John
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline flatfish78

• Flatfish78
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 07:22:21 pm »
Hello

I would very much like to thank Primitive Archery magazine for a quick response. I ordered a one year subscription plus I ordered 5 back copies of the June/July 2014 issue. When the mags. arrived only the new mag. and one back issues was in the mailer. I received them on Saturday, I emailed Primitive Archer, they were very helpful, I received the missing copies the following Wednesday, very quick response and I'm very impressed. I ordered the back issues because I'm friends with Claude Van Order and his daughter Hannah who by the way wrote the article, Primitive Lifestyle. Claude is in the process of trying to turn this old laminated bow user into a self bow user and hopefully, time permitting will be teaching me to build my own self bow this November. I've been buying Primitive Archer from the news stand for years, but now I'm a subscriber and I'm very happy, love the new bow articles and the hunting articles, keep up the good work.

And Thanks Again
E. A. Bryan
E. A. Bryan

Offline BrokenArrow

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 02:25:38 pm »
I would like to see a more military focus to the magazine related to the use of bows in warfare.
I would also like to see more technical data on bowmaking, arrow making and string making.
Too much hunting stuff...

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2021, 07:27:11 pm »
I would like to see a more military focus to the magazine related to the use of bows in warfare.
I would also like to see more technical data on bowmaking, arrow making and string making.

The technical side Is not seen by the artisan side as being important! Probably enough said. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2021, 10:49:42 pm »

Military history would be great!  Maybe not technical as quantitative, but how to, methodology, and technique.

Offline Morgan

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2021, 12:11:26 am »

The technical side Is not seen by the artisan side as being important! Probably enough said. Arvin

I don’t believe that is the case. Facts and techniques discovered by the technical crowd benefits all of us. I just make bows, not artisan or tech. I cannot delve into the technical side of bow making, but I definitely use the end result of the data y’all patiently go through to make my bows better to an extent. Everybody has a place in this, and we all benefit from experiments and experience that the science driven bowyers bring.

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2021, 07:19:41 pm »
Morgan I wish I could agree with you but it shows in the bow contest nearly every time. The artisan votes are for the art side and don’t care about performance . It won’t matter how good a bow will out perform the artisan , or they don’t know the difference. Most know the difference i would say. I love and respect the artisan side but that does not always mean it’s a superior weapon. It’s a bow contest. That been said keep your drawknife sharp and your arrows straight. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!