Author Topic: Holly crap!!! look what I found while scouting today...  (Read 16793 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Holly crap!!! look what I found while scouting today...
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2007, 04:18:01 pm »
Nice rack Ryan. We got pics of 3 different deer at our club with split brow tines a few weeks back. We have hunted that same piece of ground for over 20 years and never seen a split brow tine on any deer. Some or these critters are totally nocturnal. I hope his bro or dad will screw up and give you a chance.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 08:19:26 pm »
As far as Im concerned take and measure what the good lord put into the rack and the deducution crap, well its just crapola,and Ill leave it at that. Auggie.
laugh. its good for ya

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2007, 09:32:10 pm »
Beautiful f it was me I'd hope he was the male slut in that neighborhood. 8)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

8up

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2007, 12:59:27 am »
Ryano great find. Here is a link to help you score him.
http://www.boone-crockett.org/bgRecords/bc_scoring_typwhitetail.asp?area=bgRecords&type=Typical+Whitetail+Deer

You might talk with the guy who was looking for the big one he shot. If he describes it right maybe you could trade the rack for hunting rights

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2007, 09:58:52 am »
Thanks Ron. I already showed it to him, hes not sure if its the one or not. Im sure he would let me hunt his land if I asked anyways, he always has in the past. Hes not a archery hunter. I dont think he showed any interest in taking the skull, hes killed lots of big bucks.
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Lilmoosecountry

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2007, 02:52:20 pm »
NICE FIND!!!!!

Offline Ryano

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2007, 10:45:47 pm »
 ;D   8)

Offline Ryano

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2007, 11:46:27 pm »
My buddy remeasured it to pope and youngs spec's and came up with 145.25 gross and 12" of deductions for a net of 133.25" not bad I think I still would have shot him! ;D

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2007, 12:33:38 am »
I think your buddy made some mistakes.  It has more deductions than that.  Every inch that is not symmetrical is a deduction.  Missing an entire point of that size is a lot of deductions.  Lets call it 145.25" non typical.  ;) He is pretty no matter what he scores.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2007, 07:23:19 am »
I thought us primitives wern't trophy hunters ??? :o ???
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Ryano

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2007, 09:33:01 am »
Justin,we did deducted the 6" G4  two 1 3/4" kicker points plus a couple inches for symmetry on the rest of the rack. Pretty sure he knows what hes doing.

Dana, I'm not what I would call a trophy hunter but I still try to kill the biggest buck I can find. Don't you? Doesn't mean I don't end up shooting a smaller one near the end of the season, but I always take a doe for the meat so I really have no reason to shoot a small buck. Measuring a rack is just for fun, I like to keep track of the biggest deer harvested on or near my hunting areas and this one would have been close to being the largest ever.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2007, 10:11:00 am »
Ryano i wouldn't pass on a big buck thats fer sure but then again I don't think I would worry about measuring it either.
The way its going so far this year I may have to settle for squirrrels :( The area I'm hunting just don't have many deer,
no farm land and no mast crop this year but it is mine alone to hunt so no competition. Tough hunting to say the least.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2007, 10:23:31 am »
Ryan, I thought G4 was longer than that, maybe 8".  Maybe that is why it didn't seem right to me. 

Dana, there is nothing wrong with measuring.  It helps give non-primitives a better appreciation of what can be done with a stickbow.     I measured my pronghorn to see how he would score. He scored 9" over book, but I didn't bother to submit him for the book.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2007, 10:50:48 am »
That is about what I would have guessed him.140gross and net around 130.Very nice deer.
I'm no trophy hunter either but I sure like knowing there is one around that I might stumble
into.Like I have said in other threads I am a trophy hunter till something else comes a long the I go into the kill mode.Just can't help myself. >:D :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2007, 12:51:33 pm »
Pappy I'm surprised that you see any deer, I imagine the deer  have posters of you in all thier bedding areas warning
of the dangerous predator lurking in trees ;) ;D

Manistique, MI