Author Topic: Holly crap!!! look what I found while scouting today...  (Read 16806 times)

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
Re: Holly crap!!! look what I found while scouting today...
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2007, 11:35:47 pm »
Your just like me pappy. I go into instinctive kill mode as soon as I see any deer >:D sometimes it takes everything I got to hold back. I just cant help it! I always have the best of intentions to wait for a certain buck I'm hunting for, but it seems like that never happens.

Dana, in my area of the state a buck has to have 4 points at least a 1 1/2"long  on one side to legally shoot. This forces you to pass on many of the younger smaller deer anyways. So its not hard to say I'm not going to shoot a year and half old 8 pointer, but some times I end up taking a small one towards the end of the season. I would rather shoot a small buck with my bow than a big one with a rifle...... ::)
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2007, 07:22:29 am »
I am with you Ryan,I set in the stand and daydream about a big one coming in,but when the small one come instead I say O WELL a bird in the hand.I do pass some small ones and even big does sometimes ,I just don't decide till the moment of truth. :) It all depends on what is going on or
how I feel at the time. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2007, 08:11:14 am »
I'm pretty much the same way. I try to get a couple of deer under my belt, then I'm more apt to pass on smaller bucks. But I will still take a doe if given the opportunity...it is a three doe per day limit here. :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

makete

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2007, 12:49:43 pm »
I'm pretty much the same way. I try to get a couple of deer under my belt, then I'm more apt to pass on smaller bucks. But I will still take a doe if given the opportunity...it is a three doe per day limit here. :)
   Holy sheech, 3 does a day? I'm gonna be moving if I can talk my "better" half into it. ???

jamie

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2007, 08:15:15 pm »
ryan i went stalking and found a side from an 8 pointer i saw last year but never got a shot on.  they dont get long tines in the area just thick beams. it was in anarea ive walked over a hundred times and actually just killed 2 turkey about 2 paces from the area. id take a pic but i already cut it up for knapping :)

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2007, 09:58:31 pm »
lol.  ;D The wife of the guy who we think shot this buck called my mom today and asked if she could buy the rack from us for her husbands birthday. I wouldnt feel right about taking money for it. I really kinda wanted to keep it, :-\  but I'll probally end up giving it to him.  :'(
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

gene roberts

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2007, 10:05:52 pm »
dang