Author Topic: War Quiver  (Read 6382 times)

Offline robin_hood_777

War Quiver
« on: November 20, 2012, 02:31:20 pm »
Does anyone happen to have a pattern for a war quiver?

Offline adb

Re: War Quiver
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 03:21:13 pm »
There is a fellow in the UK, Nick Birmingham. He goes by bigbowbrom on youtube. Do a search using his handle, and he has a great how-to video series on making a medieval arrow bag. He also has lots of other very good how-tos on medieval martial archery activities. Check it out!

Offline CraigMBeckett

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 09:35:02 pm »
A slight typo there adb, Nick Birmingham goes by bigbowbrum. Brum being short for Brumigan (I think thats how you spell it), which is slang for Birmingham or a citizen of there.

Craig

Offline robin_hood_777

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 04:53:22 am »
Thanks for the replies!  I greatly appreciate it!  I've already bought the fabric and am ready to go.  The only thing that I don't have is the pattern for the arrow spacer.  Do y'all happen to know where I may get a copy of it?

Offline Eastman

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 05:30:24 am »
I made my quiver a few months ago just off of what I thought it should lool like. Then after watching the Robin hood movie, I also wanted my quiver to look like it's been through a campaign or two. 
So here's a few pics of my attempts to get it all weathered and rough (it started out white). If anybody wants, I'll share what I did.
''The joy is great of him who strays, in shady woods on summer days, With eyes alert and muscles steady , His long-bow strung, his arrows ready''  -Maurice Thompson

Offline robin_hood_777

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 09:30:27 am »
Would you mind sharing how you made the arrow spacer?  Nice work by the way!!

Offline Eastman

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 02:24:31 pm »
I just basically looked at the arrow bag i made and guessed? I know that doesn't help much but it's what happened :)

I made a circle with my two hands 'till it looked about the right shape and size and then drew a similar circle on a piece of leather.
Mine came out a bit bigger. It can hold about 26 arrows. Now I just need a warbow to match. Gonna get me some new wood tomorrow.Would you like the diameter of the spacer?
''The joy is great of him who strays, in shady woods on summer days, With eyes alert and muscles steady , His long-bow strung, his arrows ready''  -Maurice Thompson

Offline robin_hood_777

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 03:23:50 pm »
yes please if you don't mind.  could you please tell me what sizae punch you used to punch the holes for the arrows?

Offline Eastman

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 02:00:56 pm »
It's 6'' wide. I don't have any leather working punches so I used someone else's. They're about 1/2'' wide for heavy war shafts.

Offline Josh Wilson

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 04:18:06 pm »
Thanks for the replies!  I greatly appreciate it!  I've already bought the fabric and am ready to go.  The only thing that I don't have is the pattern for the arrow spacer.  Do y'all happen to know where I may get a copy of it?

If you send Nick, bigbowbrum, a message on youtube with your email address in it, he will email you a pattern that prints off to size.

Offline robin_hood_777

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 12:36:04 am »
unfortunately i have not been able to reach him through email, might you have a copy of his template?

Offline robin_hood_777

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 05:45:36 am »
Just wondering if anyone may have the arrow spacer template by BigBowBrum from YouTube?  I have not been able to reach him in order to request the template.