Author Topic: Congratulations to misslemaster for winning September Self BOM!!!  (Read 4042 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Congratulations to misslemaster for winning September Self BOM!!!

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,35010.0.html

misslemaster’s Selfbow Challenge Buckhorn character bow

Here is what Cody had to say of his build:  Hi guys.  I know I'm a little slow, but I finally got it done! A lot of you guys saw me building this and I figured I would post the finished product. Its buckthorn (I love it!!), about 55# @ 27".  59" NTN. 1 1/8"  at the handle, 1 1/2" at mid limb, tapering to 1/2" nocks. She stands dead flat after shooting a bunch, and holds 1" reflex at rest. I was surprised how much wood I had to remove in order to get it down to poundage! It only weighs 15oz.!! Tips are bloodwood. This is my first attemt at a Strunk style handle wrap, it turned out OK. This bow shoots a fast arrow(I'm surprised  at how tight the string is at brace!) and is quiet. In the braced photo, there appears to be a hinge just below the handle. I was worried when I first got a string on her!! Its simply a natural deflexthat is actually a little thicker there. 8 coats of oil and a coat of wax. enjoy, -Cody

Here is some forum members had to say about:
Man Cody that bow is sweet! Great character in that one, real nice bend and top notch workmanship on tips and handle, way to tame that rugged wood. I love it. Still have some buckthorn in my shop, it scares me, not quite up to the challenge yet.
Great job on yours.
Greg

You did an excellent job working with the character of the wood. And your handle wrap turned out great. Well done!  Godon

Really nice job!  Great tiller and finish work.  That grip looks top-notch too!  Adam

Man oh man, Cody!  You just keep raising the bar. An excellent looking bow from a challenging piece of wood.  mullet

Cody you have propelled yourself to the list of top bowyers in the world. Your quality and attention to detail, is seen in all the bows you have been making and this one is certainly one of the best. Congratulations my friend on another amazing work of art and lethal weapon.  Keenan

I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Keenan

Re: Congratulations to misslemaster for winning September Self BOM!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 11:18:59 pm »
Congratulations Cody. That is a very deserved win and spectacular bow. You are a very skilled bowyer

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 08:37:18 am »
Nice job Cody as always,very impressed with your work. Congrats. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Will H

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 08:44:24 am »
Well done Cody! That sure is one purty bow ;)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline missilemaster

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 04:47:58 pm »
Thanks a bunch guys!
                                       -Cody
All men die,  few men ever really live.

Real men love Jesus.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 01:56:32 pm »
Congratulations Cody!  That is a beauty and a well deserved win.  I always enjoy seeing your work.   Josh