Author Topic: Keith's #8 is a 8pt.  (Read 7134 times)

Offline keithv

Keith's #8 is a 8pt.
« on: November 14, 2012, 06:36:13 pm »
Was cold this morning, around 26. Had an awesome red sun rise. I went to a big red oak tree in the middle of a hay field. BigA had been seeing this buck when he hunted. (Let's remember BigA in our prays, he is having double knee replacement as I type this.) Right at daylight I had a doe come by and  she spotted me. She started blowing at me but did not run off very far. A few minutes late I saw another doe in the field. All in all I had 5 does come in and out of the thicket and got blew at 3 times. I thought the morning was a bust. I was looking at 3 does in the field when I heard something behind me. Turned around a there was this buck feeding on acorns at 12 yd. He feed around and gave me a quartering away 10 yd shot. The arrow hit him in the short ribs and hit the opposite shoulder. I saw him running off with the arrow for about 100 yd. This all took place before 6:30, the sun had not risen above the trees. It was cold so I climbed down and went back to the house. I waited for Greg B to come out of the woods. We went to track 3 hours later and found him where I last saw him running, 100 yd down the hill. Another great morning in the woods.

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Keith's #8 is a 8pt.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 07:02:18 pm »
Are you sure that whitetail ain't part giraffe with that looooong neck?  What a beautiful rack, nicely typical.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 08:38:18 pm »
Congratulations for the ..... eighth time! That is a nice surprise.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 08:50:10 pm »
Congratulations again, and again....  That is a pretty buck.  Enjoyed your post.  You must be covered up with deer where y'all are hunting! 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 09:51:49 pm »
Nice going, thats a good looking buck.
Greg
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 06:29:47 am »
Nice deer Keith.Congrats.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 10:51:23 am »
Once again Keith, nice deer. I'm thinking you must have one outstanding recipe book for venison what with all the deer meat you have in the freezer.
 I'm getting a late start this morning as I had to take daughter to school, but they are moving alot this morning so I bet I see a few anyhow. I moved my ground blind last night into a little bowl that has lots of sign and a couple trails running in and out of it. I'm hoping its gonna be a good location. I'm shooting for number 2. We'll see.     Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline nocams

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 11:02:38 pm »
Congrats Keith !!! What a season and it ain't even half over yet !

Big A..... prayers sent for you bud, had no idea your knees were that bad. You will be the new "Bionic Man" !