Author Topic: Allright, here we go again ! What is it Part 2  (Read 15196 times)

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

Re: Allright, here we go again ! What is it Part 2
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2007, 07:40:40 pm »
..............Yup Makete is correct. A medicine bag that ya wear on hunt around neck and never take off. Contains things that represent the qualities you want given ta ya for the hunt. NOT I wanna be handsome pretty, cool, etc ! Mine contains various things but a few are standard and are always in there. Boars tooth( courage), gator tooth (strength), deer antler er bone,(smell), Turkey bone (eyesight). A stone point from obsidian since I usually hunt with that, a piece of wood the bow yer huntin' with is made outta. Bag is made outta animal hide and sewed with sinew. Thong around neck is rawhide. On first morning of hunt I hold all items in hand, close eyes and ask the Great Spirit ta grant me these qualities for the hunt and that it may be successful. Put around neck and never take off for rest of hunt be that 3 days er 3 weeks. Ifn ya were in northeast ya would say use a bear tooth er bone fer strength,wolf tooth for courage etc . Out west you would what would be appropriate ta that area. For those interested in this youre huntin' not making a statement about who you are or what you believe. Ask fer the things ya need on the hunt. Indian magic maybe, but it works ! ;) Yer up Jamie ..............bob
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 01:54:26 am by Kowechobe »

Offline DanaM

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2007, 10:31:26 pm »
Congrats makete but isn't that what I guessed bob different name same meaning ???
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2007, 12:13:56 am »
                            Dana, "good luck charms" have nothin' ta do with this. Ta my way of thinkin' there is no such thing as "good luck". However, ifn ya wish it ta be that so be it. Ifn ya want it ta be a "totem bag" ok...............bob

makete

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2007, 01:09:49 pm »
We take each item and hold over smudge smoke. Ask the creator to grant us our wishes. In this case to give us strength, courage, sight, our arras to fly straight, our bows to send the arra in a true and killing way, and for our stone tips to kill in as fast a manor as possible.