Author Topic: A Few Unfinished Arrows- Eastern Two Fletch Video Added. Criticism appreciated.  (Read 9204 times)

Offline randman

Your 2 fletch looks fine. How do they shoot? That's what that counts.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Offline Dictionary

Shot it once. Doesn't fly wobbly. Fingers hurt still so I'll probably take it to a field tomorrow and shoot some for distance.

What makes an arrow a flu flu to where it does fly as far? Just curious so i avoid doing anything to limit distance.
"I started developing an eye for those smooth curves as a young man.  Now that my hair is greying and my middle spreading I make bows instead."

-JW_Halverson

Offline Ifrit617

Hey dictionary,

Here is a picture how to use the tab when you get it (your will be similar to the one pictured). It may take a little getting used to but it will protect your fingers.

Jon

Offline Dictionary

Thanks a million Jon
"I started developing an eye for those smooth curves as a young man.  Now that my hair is greying and my middle spreading I make bows instead."

-JW_Halverson

Offline Dictionary

Hey guys what about tuning primitive arrows?

Ive done some searching and it seems there is a general agreement that, you make them, shoot them, and if they fly okay, you put them in the quiver?

My arrows are from natural shoots so they vary in size/thickness but i'd say they are all around 3/8 at their thick end. I fletch them and keep the weight towards the head by keeping the thick end up front. I haven't added any points, but im thinking about getting some field points maybe. I don't have any means to test spine or any means of weighing my arrows right now so i don't know anything about how many grains my arrows weigh.

If the arrows fly pretty straight, i say okay, this is good enough. Im not hunting with them right now but still i want to have my arrows go where i look as well  ;)

-JW_Halverson

Offline Tom Leemans

Yeah, they kinda get sorted into categories such as deer arrow, squirrel arrow, stump arrow. You get the picture.