Author Topic: "My Life as a Turkey"  (Read 4708 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
"My Life as a Turkey"
« on: November 19, 2012, 11:34:21 pm »
Wednesday night at 8pm on PBS.
 I saw this show about a man that raises a brood of turkeys and loved it. If you like turkeys you will love it too.  8)

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Online JW_Halverson

Re: "My Life as a Turkey"
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 12:44:15 am »
A friend in here send me the DVD.  The best part was the private conversation sounds that the turkeys make to each other.  I have sat thru I-dunno-how-many viewings with various turkey calls trying to duplicate "turkey talk". 

The biologist in me had issues with the unsupported anecdotal claims he made, but I finally had to admit the guy is an artist, not a ornithologist.  Some amazing video shots, one of my favorites was a close up of a grasshopper on a leaf of grass as the flock walks by.  Suddenly a head flashes thru the screen and the hopper just isn't anymore!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 01:03:54 am »
 The photography was great. His thoughts were a bit out there but he lived with the turkeys for a year and had no contact with other humans so I guess he was off his bird a bit.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Keenan

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 12:06:12 pm »
When I first read the title I thought you had wrote a Biography Pat.  >:D   Just kidding my friend. Sounds great

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 12:33:04 pm »
...I am a tough old bird!  ;D

Offline steve b.

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 02:34:44 am »
I couldn't figure out how I felt about the guy as I watched the very interesting program.  I kept asking, "is he a little crazy?".  Then at the very end of the program there was a note that said he was living with a herd of muledeer in Wyoming or somewhere.... O:)