Author Topic: New from San Francisco Bay Area  (Read 3098 times)

Offline CarlosMacMartin

New from San Francisco Bay Area
« on: November 12, 2012, 08:23:44 pm »
Hello Folks! I tried to get into this over a decade ago but work commitments & children had to come first,and personal music study came second.
Now the kids are older and the wife suggested that I get back into Archery.Most recently,my spare time has been devoted to learning & playing Bluegrass music and hoping to get out on the range to shoot.Would to like to hear from everyone,especially fellow musician/archers.Cheers!

Carlos 

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
Re: New from San Francisco Bay Area
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 08:38:27 pm »
welcome to the fun (and addiction)!
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline Keenan

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 12:50:23 am »
Welcome Calros, Make yourself at home and don't be afraid to post and ask question if you need help diving in. There are allot of great bowyers in this community that are always willing to help

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 07:00:29 am »
Welcome Carlos,love bluegrass music.  :) Bow making and Bluegrass just go together, My dad use to play in a band for years and I grew up hearing ,Bill Monroe /Flat&Scruggs/ The Osborn Brothers/Stanely brothers ,All the old groups,Loved it then and still do. :) :) You ever get to Tennessee come visit. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline CarlosMacMartin

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 08:02:03 am »
Thank you,killir duck,Keenan,and Pappy! Hey Pappy,true about music & archery! Looking forward to learning  :)Peace