Author Topic: Food Thread  (Read 2283 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Food Thread
« on: November 22, 2012, 01:29:33 pm »
 Alright, I know everyone likes food on this site ;D, So, what's Thanksgiving without a food thread? ???

Here's what I've been cooking since very, early this morning. This is a ham off of one of the big sows I shot at the Alexacarri Plantation 4th of July weekend. It is sugar cured and soaked all night in pineapple juice and being basted with honey and butter. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Food Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 02:13:46 pm »
I plant my collards in a patch instead of individual plants. I just turned a huge pan of these into big pot of greens for thanksgiving lunch, got plenty of canned jalapeņo pepper sauce to put on them with a slice of onion on the side.

Offline seabass

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 02:14:19 pm »
looks great Eddie.i smoked a boston butt for some pulled pork.no pics because it is allready pulled and we are getting ready to head out to our get together.happy thanksgiving buddy.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 05:02:53 pm »
I'm doing a highly traditional Thanksgiving dinner for a bunch of people that had nowhere else to go.  I've been doing a few dishes at a time for the last two days so that most of it just needs a bit to re-heat.  This morning at 5 a.m. I popped a 17 lb turkey in the smoker, at 10 a.m. another fresh turkey went in the oven.  One friend volunteered to go to my place to feed a few woodchips to the smoker and to put the stuffing in the oven an hour before I get home. 

I volunteered to open the wine shop where I work a few hours part time from 10-2 so last minute desperadoes can pick up a pinot or rush in for a riesling.  It's been great fun today, because our customer base is more like friends than a revenue source. 

In a few minutes I lock up and head home.  I'll have about half an hour to pop a cork, pour a glass and then the friends will start arriving.  Good good and wine, good friends, and so very many things to be thankful for.  My only regret is that none of you will be there to share the meal with me.  Please know I intend to raise a smoked drumstick in salute to one and all of you PA folks!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline adb

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 05:15:33 pm »
Alright, I know everyone likes food on this site ;D, So, what's Thanksgiving without a food thread? ???

Here's what I've been cooking since very, early this morning. This is a ham off of one of the big sows I shot at the Alexacarri Plantation 4th of July weekend. It is sugar cured and soaked all night in pineapple juice and being basted with honey and butter. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone :)

Damn, Eddie! When can I come visit??? You got my mouth waterin' sumthin' awful!!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 05:37:16 pm »
The collards look good Eric, I've got Tabasco peppers for mine.

Thanks, Steve.

JW, where's some pictures?

Adam, you're welcome anytime ;D.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 10:13:53 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 05:46:58 pm »
Working today - had lunch with a freind at Yosemite Lodge - Ham and trimmins - Not as good as Eddies sounds like it gonna be.  Wife and son are cooking today - all I got to do is go home and eat.  JW - Have a big glass for me.  I will be havin a blueberry lager when I get home - "wild Blue" made by Annheuser Busch.  Got to go out and do a Tree walk for those who didn't know they were supposed to stay home for the holiday!

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 06:27:40 pm »
Good thread and great pics Eddie. That ham looks mighty tasty. We had the traditional meal with sweet potato pie, watergate salad, salsa, tea and homemade craneberry sauce..

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Dave 55

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 06:56:28 pm »
Looks great Eddie,Im at work today so tv dinner tonite but Ill make up for it tommorrow,no snow on the ground is rather eye appealing as well.
Now is the good old days

Offline sonny

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 07:56:01 pm »
No pics.
I did enjoy a great meal with family though. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, etc.....and pumpkin pie to
finish. yummmmm

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 08:28:44 pm »
I got invited to a traditional dinner today so my BBQ deer will have to wait until tomorrow.  I'll post a picture of it though. 

Eddie, I'm not much of a ham eater, but yours sure does look and sound good.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline seabass

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 11:51:37 pm »
i need a pepper patch like yours Eddie.i just got home and saw this.man o man the peppers that i would be eatin.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 09:32:17 am »
That's only one bush, Steve.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 10:58:21 am »
Man that looks good eddie making me hungry for some ham mmmmm
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2012, 01:52:04 pm »
Nice pepper plants. It's been near impossible to grow anything down here due to the heat and drought..

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.