Author Topic: A New Place to Oooga Booga  (Read 5759 times)

Offline PecosMike

A New Place to Oooga Booga
« on: November 25, 2012, 10:42:31 pm »
Hi to all,

Pecos Mike here and I have at last relocated to West Texas, and I have 22 acres of mesquite shrubs and rattlesnakes for you to Ooga booga on in a fantastical setting of the foothills of the Chinati Mountains...remote and private....I will accept primitive hunting and camping, firemaking primitive shelter building, provided you tread lightly on the land.  Not really interested in compensation, although offerings and goodies are always appreciated, but actually I want to support the primitive booga community and network with such. We can work out a week a year, even more if you need, to do your thing...there are a goodly number of mesquite trees, numerous rocks, caliche, clay, and as game goes--there are occasionally Aoudad, feral pigs, Mule Deer and coyotes. If interested just contact me at:   m i k e e e e b x @ y a h o o d o t c o m  and let me know what your needs are....thanks for reading........

Offline Parnell

Re: A New Place to Oooga Booga
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 02:48:49 pm »
That's great, I know you've been waiting to do this for some time.  Good luck with your pursuit!
Hopefully we'll see some pictures of the visitors and progress over time!
1’—>1’

Offline stickbender

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 04:28:22 am »

Hey Hunter Trapper, this is right up your alley! ;)

Well good for you, I know you were talking about something like for some time;
Glad you were able to acquire some land finally.  good luck, and thanks for letting us know about it.
                                      Wayne

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 03:09:58 am »
That is really cool.  I wish I still lived in West Texas.  Might have to visit.
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 04:07:54 am »
Awesome!!  Looks like you're near the border near Presidio?  You're waaay out west!  I'll have to make it out there soon!
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr