Author Topic: bowmakers in louisville kentucky  (Read 41516 times)

Offline kid bow

Re: bowmakers in louisville kentucky
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 06:15:10 pm »
Maybe if i can gotta keep my grades up
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 10:49:56 pm by kid bow »
i need nothing but my old bow and arrows.

Offline DLH

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 10:57:19 pm »
I'm in south central Ky and would be interested as well.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 01:27:15 am »
Hey guys, I'm not trying to hijack a Louisville gathering of bow makers, but I just thought I'd throw this out there.  It seems I'm pretty much centrally located (about an 1 1/2 to 2 hours) from most of the folks who has responded to this threat.  I wouldn't mind hosting a gathering here.  I have a 16x20 workshop, a 50 acre farm for camping and shooting, two 3-D target with 4 shooting stations and could bushhog more station if anyone has more 3-D targets to bring. I have a guest cottage with 2 beds and floor space.  We could make a weekend of it.  Mid-March to mid-April would work for me.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline TRACY

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 05:44:13 pm »
I could probably make a Weekend in that time frame. I have staves, rock & knapping tools, string material and board, Tonkin , and probably a few other odds and ends if needed.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline kid bow

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 06:41:22 pm »
you know i have never met anyone so willing to help and share resources to help one another. im pretty glad i signed up on pa.

Offline DLH

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 11:57:40 pm »
I second hedgeapple's suggestion sounds like he already has the set up to have a gathering. I have rock staves some boards and river cane. I would really like to knap with you Tracy do you have Indiana hornstone in your area? I am pretty flexible if y'all set a date I could keep it open so I could come up.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2013, 10:13:29 am »
How about March 22, 23, 24?
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline kid bow

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2013, 06:20:18 pm »
I'll have to check

Offline TRACY

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2013, 06:43:10 pm »
I second hedgeapple's suggestion sounds like he already has the set up to have a gathering. I have rock staves some boards and river cane. I would really like to knap with you Tracy do you have Indiana hornstone in your area? I am pretty flexible if y'all set a date I could keep it open so I could come up.

No, but there will some on the way down there that I can pick up. Likewise on the knapping DLH. I'm open to dates and will stay posted.

Tracy

Offline DLH

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2013, 12:18:04 am »
Ok sounds good Tracy you go to the southern Indiana knap in I was thinking about going this year? I have a friend who would come too if he were able that weekend.

Offline oscar3b

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2013, 11:47:33 pm »
Hey ya'll.  Hedge thanks for the PM to give me the heads up!  I am totally in!  I live in Berea which is right below hedge.  I have some staves, string and such and would love to learn and chip in wherever I can.  If any of you knappers out there would want to show a feller the ropes I sure wouldn't mind it.  Hedge if you need any help with anything getting set up or what not let me know.  I don't mind helping out a bit.
Ben

Berea, Kentucky
27" draw
30-70# (though I want to build to 125 one day)

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2013, 03:25:47 pm »
I want to go too  ;D
THE BEST SUNRISES ARE SEEN 20 FEET UP A TREE.

Offline kid bow

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2013, 04:50:42 pm »
it up to everyone else like i said would love to meet everyone and know what they know about bow building

Offline TRACY

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2013, 08:09:32 am »
Ok sounds good Tracy you go to the southern Indiana knap in I was thinking about going this year? I have a friend who would come too if he were able that weekend.

[/quote]

Eric Morris puts that on every Fathers Day weekend for the last 20 years. Kind of a busy weekend, but I go when I can. Usually a real good time.

Sounds like this is shaping into a weekend skills gathering. Keep us posted Hedgeapple on dates etc that would work.

Tracy

Offline kid bow

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2013, 10:07:33 pm »
wow it really is turning into a good weekend