Author Topic: bowmakers in louisville kentucky  (Read 41886 times)

Offline hedgeapple

Re: bowmakers in louisville kentucky
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2013, 02:36:08 am »
Tracey the dates will be March 22,23 and 24.

If anyone has 3-d targets they could bring, let me know and I'll bush hog a place to set them up.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline wapiti1997

• Joe Lacefield Wildlife and Nature Photography
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2013, 10:39:30 am »
You guys might want to consider going to the KY Tradfest in Mercer County, the first weekend in April?  There's free camping, many vendors and bowyers, a 40 target 3d shoot.  Gene Wensel will be a guest speaker on Saturday evening...

Offline kid bow

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2013, 09:59:48 pm »
what do you all do there could you further explain
i need nothing but my old bow and arrows.

Offline wapiti1997

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2013, 06:31:03 am »
The Tradfest is an annual bow shoot, gathering of traditional archers that attracts shooters and vendors from all over the country.  There are novelty shoots, like areals and long shots as welll as a 3d range.

There will be bowyers as well as knappers there.

It's in Mercer County between Harrodsburg and Perryville at the Mercer County Fish and Game Club.

Offline kid bow

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2013, 01:24:01 pm »
how far from jefferson county

Offline wapiti1997

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2013, 03:31:46 pm »
About an hour and a half from Louisville.

Offline kid bow

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2013, 03:42:17 pm »
id have to check

Offline briarjumper12

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2013, 08:05:45 am »
I'm in if I ain't working. Forest fire season will be in full swing but if it's a wet weekend I can make it. I am south of richmond in Williamsburg. I have staves, stuff strings, a dowel maker and other arrow building stuff. I have a couple targets I could bring too. But it all depends on work and that depends on the weather and fires.
John

Offline n8tr boy

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2013, 06:36:56 pm »
I hate to highjack this thread. I will be in the West Liberty area week of March 10 I believe , helping rebuild, as a volunteer with our church group after last years tornado. Any members in that area that could chat with a little? I do have to help when there but it would be Great

Mark

Offline KYWI1D3RN3SSM4N

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2013, 12:17:54 am »
Hey just joined this site. I have been trying to get a group together for people around Louisville, Ky. I am new to making bows and things myself and wanted to start something for people to show off our work as well as help each other if we need it. I called it Louisville Primitive Technology Society, I am also going to put a post on here about it. Like the page on facebook just search "Louisville Primitive Technology Society" or send me an email at LouisvillePTS@gmail.com. Hope to hear from some of yall about it.

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2013, 01:49:25 am »
Well, I cannot make either event:(
But I am from Boone County. Will bring some wood if I ever go to such an event. Maybe over summer....
-Squirrel
PS_ I am also in school. weekends only
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline TRACY

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2014, 07:16:37 am »
Ttt
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2014, 01:50:20 pm »
I know this an old post but if there's still any interest I would like to join in on the fun. Scottsburg Indiana (30 minutes north of Louisville) will have a 3 day traditional archery event May 16-18 2014. There are always some bowmakers and knappers at this event. You would be welcome to join in.

Offline Shaneisneato

• Somewhere around Louisville
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2014, 02:11:54 pm »
Is anybody still interested in getting together sometime? I am located just south of Louisville in Bullitt County.  Also I am looking for dried staves, does anyone local to me have any? Thanks

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2014, 10:26:12 pm »
Hey guys, I'm not trying to hijack a Louisville gathering of bow makers, but I just thought I'd throw this out there.  It seems I'm pretty much centrally located (about an 1 1/2 to 2 hours) from most of the folks who has responded to this threat.  I wouldn't mind hosting a gathering here.  I have a 16x20 workshop, a 50 acre farm for camping and shooting, two 3-D target with 4 shooting stations and could bushhog more station if anyone has more 3-D targets to bring. I have a guest cottage with 2 beds and floor space.  We could make a weekend of it.  Mid-March to mid-April would work for me.
May I move in?   ;)
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857