Author Topic: Congratulations to Soy for winning October backed BOM!!!  (Read 6492 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Congratulations to Soy for winning October backed BOM!!!
« on: December 08, 2012, 12:15:34 am »
October Backed BOM

Congratulations to Thad "Soy" from Faribault, MN for winning October  backed BOM!!! Thad has been building bows and entering them religiously since I took on BOM just a bit over a year ago. He's a humble and unassuming Primitive Archery member that's not afraid to try a new method.  To Thad winning is building bows and sharing his successes and disappointments with all of this. This month we all relish in this fine bow crafted by Thad. The owner of that bow is one lucky person!
D
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,35609.0.html

Soy’s Walnut with Sapwood   

Here is what Thad  had to say about his bow:

Sorry to bore yall with so many pics of one bow but i could not find just one that would tell the tale...so it is 66"ntn 50#@27" black walnut from gundoc linen backed with a couple sapwood rings, coverd with a pair of wdb i got from cippy, antler tips ....very easy on the eyes,and a pleasure to shoot. i cant stop with the walnut until I'm satisfied I know how to make a bow with it, this is the first time I've used any that was not the Dead standing.....it was really cool looking without the backing on it but the new owner wanted skin so I figured why not put the insurance policy on it... it's too bad because it was really fetching without it. Hope you all enjoy.also as always criticism welcomed as i am still trying to learn

Here are what some forum members had to say about Thad's October Backed BOM win:

Absolutely stunning in every way.  That is as classy as it gets and I already know how well it shoots.   The tiller is perfect and the finish is exquisite!  Well done,  well done indeed!  Josh

sweet soy great bend on that one, Bub

clean tiller, nice contrast of the wood -  a really fine bow! simson

Now that is a beauty.Sweet bow and love the finish work also.  Pappy

That is a beautiful bow with a beautiful tiller! Well done. Jawge

Thats a fine bow Soy. Nicely done in execution and finish, really pleasing to the eye. On a side note I've done half a dozen black walnut selfbows, unbacked with sapwood left on, no problems with walnut sapwood. Yours is excellent man, well done.
Greg
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 04:50:01 pm by criveraville »
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Congratulations to Soy for winning October backed BOM!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 09:54:11 am »
Congrats Soy,very well deserved win.Very nice work. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Will H

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 03:02:18 pm »
Awesome job Soy! Great lookin bow!!
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Keenan

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 12:46:49 am »
Congratulations, very nice bow indeed

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 06:14:55 am »
Thank you guys for the kind words ;D I don't know that it deserves the honors , but thank you all the same! ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 10:27:40 am »
congrats Soy!
Well deserved, you have gotten my vote!

Simon
Simon
Bavaria, Germany