Author Topic: SELFBOW MOUNTS  (Read 3165 times)

Offline crooketarrow

SELFBOW MOUNTS
« on: November 24, 2012, 11:44:38 am »
   Here's my selfbow mounts and 16 beards and sets spurrs. The skull in the corner is my biggest stone point kill. Both black bears where killed with tradepoints and dog wood shafts. The human skull I got while hikein SOUTH AMERICA.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline crooketarrow

Re: SELFBOW MOUNTS
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 11:47:37 am »
 SORRY ABOUT THE SUCKIE PIC.I'LL TRY ANOTHER.

Offline sweeney3

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 12:07:26 pm »
That is really neat.  A lot of patience represented there. 

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 07:40:53 pm »
Beautiful. It must have been fun trying to get the human skull through customs.

Jon

Online JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 05:11:14 pm »
There might be state laws regarding bones, but there is no Federal prohibition against owning human bones.  So long as they are legally obtained. 

Don't ask me how I know that.   >:(
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 07:53:27 pm »
There might be state laws regarding bones, but there is no Federal prohibition against owning human bones.  So long as they are legally obtained. 

Don't ask me how I know that.   >:(

Hahaha ;D

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 08:53:46 am »
   I got the skull in HONDOUS IN 1980 a year after I got out of school.. It's has the jaw molded in place with something. I got it from a witchdoc. he's painted like a family crest all over it to give it more power. He had at least a dozzen. He told me they were skulls his great granddady and granddady had killed. I mailed it to a friend in MEXICO he had a small plane and make trips into OK. I'm not saying what kind of trips he made. He mailed it to my mom. Me and 2 friends had hiked for 7 mouths and I'd forgot about it but when I got home it was there. Never gave it any thoughts about haveing it.

In the 21 years I've built and hunted with selfbows there's 1000's and 1000's of hours on the wall.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 09:08:40 am »
Nice deer. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Stingray45

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 09:58:50 am »
Hey Crooketarrow,

You can't kill a deer, especially a big deer, with a selfbow. Didn't anyone ever tell you that?

Great looking mounts. 

~Barry
Is there anything better than wandering the earth with a stick and string in your hand?

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 10:30:22 am »
A room to be proud of, very nice. You should change your name to "Straightarrow", nice shooting.
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 12:44:48 pm »
Nice deer and cool story.   Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2012, 09:06:12 am »
  NCLONGHUNTER , COOKETAROW was the name of a old but good friend thats dead now. He was 1/2 IROQOUIS.
  We met one day I was hunting a WMA and had grunted up and shot a 8 piont and had pulled him 1/4 mile. Set down on him. Wishing I had my deer cart. I had 1/2 mile to go And was thinking about quarting him up. When he steped out from behind a big spruce tree 10 yards away.
 He looked a my self bow I his we, were long lost friends by the time we made the truck. At least he was to me. I was amazzed when we got to the truck he was'nt even out of breath.
 I 'd only been building selfbows not even 2 years. He was over 50 years of bow building. His bows were far more practial than mine. At the time I thought all bows were surpose to look like HOWARD HILL BOWS. Matter offact I had 2 HILL LONG BOWS left over from my recurve, long bow days.
  He not only opened my eyes up to bows but to a whole new way of thinking and liveing. I'm sure I drove his wife crazy wakeing up to me seting in the front yard waiting on him to get up. And that was'nt a one time thing. We shared a few camp fires wish it had been a lot more. Wish I'd met him grownig up but glad I did meet him when I did.
  I've only met 3 great men in my life CROOKETARROW and my granddad. I did met and shake hands with NICKON TWICE but not to great to many.