Author Topic: bucks of disgustamate  (Read 7305 times)

Offline armymedic.2

bucks of disgustamate
« on: October 12, 2007, 10:54:43 pm »
so, opening day of deer is tomorrow for me, so i decided to watch a deer hunting show on television called "bucks of tecamote."  even though it is rifle hunting, i figured it would be nice to see some deer before tomorrow.  all throughout the show there were these monster bucks, eating next to other monster bucks, and there were these weirdo's in trees trying to decide wether to shoot at them or not. 
about halfway through the show, my wife (who rifle hunts with me) looks at me and says "what's the point?"
all i could say was "i dunno".  they talked about their food plots and growing systems so much my wife asked me if it was an infomercial or a hunting show. 
then these guys shoot these bucks of a lifetime, and don't whoop, holler, or show any real excitment.  you can look  at them breathing and tell they didn't even get "the rush".
whats the point.  i was disgusted.  can't wait to go try and shoot a doe that will be my "trophy of a lifetime" tomorrow.  can't eat the dang antlers anyway-they talk about "growing" the deer so much, i started thinking, "i bet i could run hunts on my farm for black angus that i grow real big on high sugar grasses and clover.  hmmmm, 420 acres,.... four board fence.....just enough room to sound like fair chase......i bet i would get customers if i did it.  rediculous.
Some say freedom is free, well i have to disagree-
some say freedom is won, by the barrel of a gun.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: bucks of disgustamate
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 12:27:10 am »
  I know what you mean.It has to be one of the most boring hunting shows on TV.I think it's an outlet for Foxworthy to kill big deer for free.But ,When I was working in the Bahamian Islands,You could put in for special hunts for wild bulls that were turning over cars and chasing people.Sounded like fun to me,I've watched Brahmas tear up and flip F-150 trucks down here.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 03:07:55 am »
Mullet, wasn't there a stipulation that the only weapon your allowed to hunt Brahman bulls with is a toothpick, since the bull will nead to use it after its done chewing on you?  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 07:33:17 am »
I saw that last night after coming in from huntin. Foxworthy killin a big buck dang about as exciting as buying a roast at the butchers.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 10:57:57 am »
I was stuck off in a Hotel somewhere USA one time watching the Outdoor channel. This show came on - huntin wild buffalo in North Dakota (I think). This wheel hunter and camera man got started at dawn - acted like they were stalking this old buffalo which knew they were there, cause it looked at em a coupla times, then went back to grazing with total indifference. Within about 20 yards or so he shot it - ole buff kinda danced around there in circles kickin and balling. Later on (after it was dead) they walked up to it and bragged about the head - I got a little emaberassed just watching it, rediculous!
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Mike_A

• Mike Ailstock Gatesville, TX
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 11:56:32 am »
Sounds like a story from a friend of the family that raises buffalo in Indiana. She had a fellow call and ask if he could hunt one of her buffalo with a bow. She promply refused and let him know that she didn't allow anyone to hunt her buffalo. Not to mention it isn't exactly hunting if you can kill it with a hammer.
Proud member of PETA ( People for the Eating of Tasty Animals)

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 03:33:59 pm »
99% of hunting shows these days are like that. There just big advertisements to get you to buy there crap, so you can kill a big what ever like they do.   >:(  Your right. What kind of excitement can you get out of hunting a animal thats been basically farm raised? Shooting a animal out of a shooting house while its eating at a feeder is ridiculous...thats not hunting. Thats no different than walking out into a pasture and shooting a cow. :P
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 09:05:37 am »
I agree withyou guys,hunting shows are really lame anymore,all couch potato-arm chair quarterback,wheel bow,off the shelf,lazy ass,Id better stop now. However Id feel bad about shootin any critter that would tear up a ford. Auggie.
laugh. its good for ya

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 10:03:09 am »
I watched them hunt a deer for one of those shows that was fenced in and drugged.  They were really careful in the editing to not show fences.  Someone got hold of the original unedited video and published it on the internet.  It showed the drugged deer staggering around and finally falling down.  The walked over and stood it up against a tree and propped it up.  Then it couldn't move so they pretended to stalk it and shoot it without it even knowing they were there. I believe charges were filed on that one.

I asked a ranch that hunts bison in Colorado if I could hunt with my bow.  The told me their bison were wild and there was no way I could get within bow range.  I told them that was kind of the point. They said they would drive the bison with horses and I could wait for them to pass.  I said, then why not let me chase them and shoot from the horse.  I think they think I am a little crazy.  >:D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 12:10:21 pm »
Well justin at least they got something right  >:D ;D ;D And by the way I also can't watch them
shows,I get so tied of Trophy Trophy Trophy.I have hunted deer for a lot of years and I can tell you in the real world it ant that easy. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Lilmoosecountry

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 02:58:34 pm »
Big beautiful deer. That was just awesome to watch.

Offline armymedic.2

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 10:09:52 pm »
big beautful farm raisesd livestock- not deer, product-- that is crap when you put a hunting logo on it.  you wanna see beautiful deer go to deep timber, or farm land where the crops are actaully harvested-not 1000 acres of food plots  which are there for the deer only.  just my opinion
Some say freedom is free, well i have to disagree-
some say freedom is won, by the barrel of a gun.