Author Topic: Quivers  (Read 6433 times)

Offline bow101

Quivers
« on: January 04, 2013, 11:46:20 pm »
Anyone know of a Build-A-long thread in here about building a Quiver.   If not can you steer me in the right direction.  They are expensive. I ran into some old leather today for $15.00 could make about 4 quivers from it. It's medium grade (brown) cowhide suede texture. 
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline ojibwatbowyer

Re: Quivers
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 01:11:55 pm »
Theres a how to build along of a plains style quiver about two issues back by Mike Yancy, the plains style is easy and very practical. Just look at some pictures of a few examples and give it a go, if you can work a computer, you can build a quiver.  ;)

Offline White Falcon

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 06:20:51 pm »
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 07:47:00 pm by Keenan »

Offline Patches

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 04:32:17 pm »
Bow101, I am in the process of making a hunting quiver from PVC.  I know its not primitive, but I needed something to protect my arrows and the current quiver I have was not doing the job, and there are still a few days left in archery season here in Missouri.  I do not have any photos right now but will try to put one up when its finished.  I am plannig to make a few plains style quivers after hunting season, but i am still working on getting more raw materials!   :)   
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline bow101

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 11:41:09 pm »
Bow101, I am in the process of making a hunting quiver from PVC.  I know its not primitive, but I needed something to protect my arrows and the current quiver I have was not doing the job, and there are still a few days left in archery season here in Missouri.  I do not have any photos right now but will try to put one up when its finished.  I am plannig to make a few plains style quivers after hunting season, but i am still working on getting more raw materials!   :)   

lol.........no doubt PVC is out of the ordinary for Primi folks on here... :laugh: But a good one, I have seen a few online.
How about this Patches....? Take an old leather jacket and cut off the sleeve, or a ladys leather boot, cut off the heel and toe section, you now have a quick style Quiver.. ;)  No fuss, No muss Guss..! 
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline AndrewH

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 02:01:38 am »
I talked it over with my wife who is an artist in a number of different media and we are kicking around some ideas. I'm a wood turner and I thought about how I could make one on the ol lathe but I discarded most of my designs as too heavy. Still, there is potential there, I just have to get creative.

In any case, if I get anything going that turns out decent, I'll post all about it.
San Antonio, TX