Author Topic: into the wild.  (Read 8860 times)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: into the wild.
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 07:18:57 pm »
Me neither Auggie! And nobody ever talks bout the trip back down with black toes! :D....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 10:58:07 pm »
Saw the movie the other day and it was prety good but what a depressing ending. No happy ending in this one boys!  ::)
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

gene roberts

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 09:42:17 pm »
books are great,especially the realistic ones

Offline Knocker

• Tumwater, Washington
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2007, 12:40:34 am »
Wow.  Looks like we all have more in common then just bows!   :o  I've read half the stuff you are discussing and am writing down the titles of the rest.  ;D

Keith
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude
better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from
us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down
and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set
lightly upon you, and may posterity forget ...

Offline Knocker

• Tumwater, Washington
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2007, 12:56:31 am »
For the other Bowmaking Sailors in the bunch, I recommend In The Heart Of The Sea by Nathaniel Philbrick.  It was the inspiration for Moby Dick.  An actual whale attack that sank a ship, and then the amazing story of the small boat survival.

Dane, I've read River of Doubt.  Interesting, but slow compared to most of the ones the others are talking about.  Endurance is nothing short of an amazing miracle.  The best autobiography I have ever read was Eddie Rickenbacker.  Being a WWI ace was just the tip of the iceberg.  The man lived about 6 amazing lifetimes.  I liked Sailing Alone Around the World too...

Keith
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude
better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from
us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down
and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set
lightly upon you, and may posterity forget ...

gene roberts

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2007, 08:43:30 pm »
im wrighting the titles down to.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2008, 01:02:54 am »

I read the book Coo-wa-chobee is talking about.  That guy was sharp.  I would love to do that.  As for the troublesome young bear he had visit him, he would have been a nice rug near the bed.  I think I also read about the other guy also.  And saw the same PBS program.  Pretty cool.  Oh, and speaking of cool, in one of those books, he shows some of the mountains, at night, and it is still light out, and the mountain, looks, like it's made of ice!

Stick Bender