Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 817361 times)

Offline Rick Wallace

Re: What did you do Today?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 11:16:56 pm »
Re-mounted my boat motor after rebuilding the transom,drank some beer,took a nap,now watchin Green Bay whoop up on Minnisota!!
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline Keenan

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013, 11:40:53 pm »
Bowsandroses, That was funny, guess I lft myself open for that one. Be carefull and good luck on the gathering.

Paul, I remember that stage of life all to well,,,,,,,,,LOL :o Enjoy every minute as it will be gone in a flash

Clint that is a dandy gift. Love the bangles theme, Nice coffe table as well. Sorry about your ride.

Rick were are watching it as well.  Go Packers!

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2013, 11:44:43 pm »
Nothing but work and sleep the last couple of days.  Looking toward hunting some in the next two or three days though.  Daydreaming about super straight,  two inch wide piece of white oak that has been drying for six months in my shop.  49" inches long.  I am thinking about a short recurve, bendy handled,  sinew backed, turkey blind bow.....  Working for a living is fine, but it sure takes up a lot of your time...  ::)
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 12:23:55 am »
I sawed up the remainder of a knuckle boom truck of hardwood logs yesterday and split half of it today. Will finish it all up tomorrow if the freezing rain ain't too bad tonight.
  Clint, your tiger striped bow came out great. That tissue paper is cool stuff once you figure it out.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 12:29:56 am »
I worked till 2, then Straightend some wood shafts for arrows that I'm making Chickenhawk in a trade, started turning one of them into an arrow, hand straightened some shoots for arrows, put a coat of finish on the handle of one of my knives and touched up the blade of another knife that had a small chip in it.

Jon

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2013, 12:34:54 am »
Thanks Pat.  And thanks for coming up with the idea.

Keenan, you would like that coffee table.  Its got a lot of heavy steel in it.  I bet it weighs over 150 lbs easy.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Frawg

• Mayan Apocalypse Survivor
    • N/A
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2013, 02:06:46 am »
I got home from work went to bed around 11am. The mailman woke me up at 1pm banging on my door ( osage stave from Fred  ;D ). Went back to work. And my Bengals lost to top off my day.
Matt Bradley

Glade Valley, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2013, 04:44:10 am »
A day late to post, but got some Yew dust all over Miss Heathers bench at the Wirwickis. Scraped the back, layed out the frontal profile and Matt did the bandsawing ( I am WAY to rusty to be sawing on the "other" Sister stave ). Matt and I had good company in the shop too - Wee Wicki "supervised" Us . Thanks again Keenan for the cool stave ! It was GREAT to be back making some dust and talking BOW with Matt. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2013, 07:19:31 am »
A day late, but got another load of staves/billets split out.

Offline Roy

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2013, 08:19:06 am »
I gotta clean the house this morning. Momma has been in Louisiana all week with her grand kids and I've been batching it. Ya all know how that goes:) Then I gotta pick her up at the airport at 1PM. The party is over:)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2013, 09:24:21 am »
I enjoy Daves thread as well. Its ALMOST as good as Clints, "What's your day job?" thread!

I worked on overlays for a  static recurve project and repaired all my son's broken arrows, his quiver floweth over yet once again. Then rubbed a few coats on another bow Im sealing.

Clint, Keenan you guys go great work, excellent details as expected.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 09:31:14 am by PEARL DRUMS »
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2013, 10:34:37 am »
saturday-spent the late morning/early afternoon with friends going to a couple of art galleries new openings.
(can never get to all i want to on first friday nites-kc premier art gallery crawl)
i even had a couple of photos in one gallery-
worked on a pile of feathers getting em split and ground for arrow making.
reading "secrets of the omaha bow" pat b loaned me-thanks pat!
worked on my resume for a possible part time job at our local brewery-wish my luck!!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:26:59 pm by sadiejane »
wild women don't get the blues

Offline Keenan

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2013, 10:50:19 am »
Were off to a good start! Great postings and love hearing about the happening of everyone.

Pat, A log truck load of hard wood logs,,,,,,,,you animal. Between you and Charlie there will be a new gold rush started :o

Roy batching it ! Now there is a whole picture in just a few words. 

Pearl those are some great looking curves. That's got the makings of a great bow

Bob. Glad you like the stave. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make from her.

Sadie Good luck with your job hunt. This area is leading the Nation in the micro brew world, and there are brewerys everywhere now. One of the leading locals just came out with a new batch called (Rocky Mountain Oster Stout)  They add Bull testicules to give the unique flavor.  No joke just watched it on TV add. The were lowering a big sack of nuts in the batch.  Try watching that while drinking your coffee

Offline sonny

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2013, 11:10:07 am »
Saturday- deer hunted (with a gun) ..last day of the season here in Va. A couple of other guys hunting with us killed deer but I didn't even see one. But I reckon that's how it goes - see plenty of deer one season, not so many the next.
....the countdown to next season now starts!!
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2013, 11:14:02 am »
Been home alone for over a week as my supervisor is in Oregon visiting her world class new great grand daughter!  Have till Monday to clean up the house mess!  Been feeding my horses, tracking the Mt. Lion with no luck, ice fishing, and trying to design a leather tooled photo album for my Game Warden friend. Been checking the PA site several times a day!  Heard from Cowboy and really like that bow Keenan showed.  Planning on a big fishing trip to Northwest Territory this summer!  Working on learning how to use my new wolf call with hopes of scoring this winter!  A/Ho Joe 
Get Close---Shoot Straight