Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 834427 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #2295 on: October 09, 2015, 05:01:45 pm »
Best of luck on the recovery and weight loss.  I don't know if you drink a lot of soft drinks or not, but if you do, cutting those from your diet will make a huge difference. 

I had a conversation with Guy at the Classic and he encouraged me to lose weight and live healthier.  I decided to take his advice and make some changes.  I cut MT. Dew and all other soft drinks cold turkey.  I would drink 2 liters of Mt. Dew every day.   I feel so much better without caffeine in my system.   I hardly ever get headaches now.  I also made some diet changes.  Bananas for breakfast and apples for snacks.  I replaced frozen pizzas with baked chicken and rice.  I've lost over 30 lbs since the Classic and I feel great.  I was able to stop taking blood pressure medication.  I can work in my shop all day and my legs don't hurt now.  I would like to lose about 30 more lbs to get to my goal.  I still cheat every now and then. I love eating pizza and watching football.  I will have about 1 caffeine free root beer a month and about 2 gatorades a week.  Other than that its all water and fruit juice.   I have noticed a difference climbing the hills to and from my tree stands.  I'm not near as winded as I used to get last year. 

I hope you can stick with the healthier lifestyle.  It takes some work but it is well worth it.   
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #2296 on: October 09, 2015, 09:30:08 pm »
Good luck with your recovery... Any op' really knocks the stuffing out of you. I've been lucky, a couple of minor ops but V little pain.
Del
(If you want to get rid of fifty pounds  just write me a cheque ;) (£50) )

Thanks bud! If I wrote you a check for £50 then I wouldn't loose an ounce! Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2297 on: October 09, 2015, 10:12:59 pm »
Best of luck on the recovery and weight loss.  I don't know if you drink a lot of soft drinks or not, but if you do, cutting those from your diet will make a huge difference. 

I had a conversation with Guy at the Classic and he encouraged me to lose weight and live healthier.  I decided to take his advice and make some changes.  I cut MT. Dew and all other soft drinks cold turkey.  I would drink 2 liters of Mt. Dew every day.   I feel so much better without caffeine in my system.   I hardly ever get headaches now.  I also made some diet changes.  Bananas for breakfast and apples for snacks.  I replaced frozen pizzas with baked chicken and rice.  I've lost over 30 lbs since the Classic and I feel great.  I was able to stop taking blood pressure medication.  I can work in my shop all day and my legs don't hurt now.  I would like to lose about 30 more lbs to get to my goal.  I still cheat every now and then. I love eating pizza and watching football.  I will have about 1 caffeine free root beer a month and about 2 gatorades a week.  Other than that its all water and fruit juice.   I have noticed a difference climbing the hills to and from my tree stands.  I'm not near as winded as I used to get last year. 

I hope you can stick with the healthier lifestyle.  It takes some work but it is well worth it.

I heard tell you was getting leaner and meaner. 

Amazing what a major difference dumping sugar water like soda can do...and in a mighty hurry!  We are conditioned to not think about those calories and boy do they creep up on you.  Sorry to say it, but barley pop is another form of that sneaky sugar water.  Empty calories that make you crave more of the same. 

I started pushing fresh fruits and veggies on myself earlier this summer.  Pound and a quarter to a pound and a half of fresh raw fruits and veggies daily, and dang has it made a difference in snacking cravings.  I can pull it off with one banana, one apple, two carrots, and a handful of celery sticks over the course of a day.  I find myself doing less binge-eating at mealtimes, too.  But I still gotta have my cup of tea with a half teaspoon of my bee's honey  around midmorning. 

Maybe we need a Weight Watchers thread started???  (OMG! DOES THIS CAMO MAKE MY BUTT LOOK FAT???)
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #2298 on: October 10, 2015, 03:50:28 am »
Thanks a bunch fellas!

Clint, you are right the soda can sure get to you. I mainly drink diet Dr Pepper which is probably worse than regular. Funny thing is, I like chicken and rice really well! I think my main problem is, I tend to eat till I'm full weither I'm snacking or eating a meal. It's never about the calories just the quantity. And then there is the whole, man that was good, I'm full but I think I'll have just a little bit more. That's only ok at Thanksgiving, Christmas and easter. The worst thing about it is I know I do it but I tell myself, ahh it won't hurt just this once.

I used to be trim and fit for a farm boy back in my twenties. Now that my thirties are coming to an end it's time to get lined back out! Thanks again for the support guys! Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2299 on: October 10, 2015, 08:06:33 am »
I'm the same way about eating to big of portions.  Sometimes if it was good food I would eat until it hurt to breath.  That is why the chicken and rice has worked for me.  I can eat a large portion and it is still healthier than eating a frozen pizza.  I have found that the more weight I lose the less I over eat.  When I bake the chicken I sprinkle some onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika on the pan.  Then I put the chicken breast on the spices.  I put another layer of spices on top of the chicken.  It gives it some flavor. 

Good luck buddy. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #2300 on: October 11, 2015, 11:48:18 pm »
Thanks for the idea on the chicken bud. I'll have to give it a go! Patrick

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2301 on: October 12, 2015, 09:28:44 am »
Not a good post for you guys trying to loose weight but I had the guys over for our annual wild game supper on Saturday. I ended up with 8 guys in attendance, we had fried squirrel, curried deer meat balls with potatoes(very good), deer tenderloin, slaw, white beans, grilled squash and pudding cake. We had enough cooked for an army and there were a couple of plate fulls left which I captured for tomorrow and the next days dinner

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #2302 on: October 12, 2015, 01:44:10 pm »
Man Eric, that sounds like a good time! Good friends and good food, nothing better! Patrick

Offline Josh B

« Reply #2303 on: October 12, 2015, 11:31:24 pm »
I hope you recover quickly Patrick. I have been pretty fortunate so far in avoiding surgery aside from having to stitch myself up now and then.  Earlier this year I misplaced 25 pounds.  I thought I had lost em, but it turns out they came back and brought a few friends with them. >:(  Now I get to start over.  Good luck on getting down to where you want to be. Josh

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #2304 on: October 13, 2015, 02:27:40 am »
Thanks a bunch Josh. I know what you mean about them pounds bring their friends with them. 4 years ago I was doing good. I was down to just under 240. And when I gained them back 30lbs turned into 60.
Patrick

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2305 on: October 14, 2015, 09:23:53 pm »
My goal was to lose 10 lbs this year.  I only have 15 to go. 

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #2306 on: October 15, 2015, 06:56:54 pm »

Thats kinda like being on a seafood diet ain't it JW?  >:D
Patrick

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2307 on: October 16, 2015, 09:38:40 pm »

Thats kinda like being on a seafood diet ain't it JW?  >:D
Patrick

Seafood, eat food.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #2308 on: October 16, 2015, 09:46:38 pm »
My wife has a sign that says, "I'm on a 30 day diet and so far I've lost 18 days!"

Patrick

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2309 on: October 20, 2015, 09:06:43 am »
I have these days every now and then I call bozo days, nothing goes right.

I loaded my truck and got to where CR47 meets CR43 and realized I left my bow at home, went back home to get it. I parked just up the Hamm hill and walked most of the way up quietly. I was walking steady because I had some angina this morning during my walk around the TVA trail and wanted to pull the Hamm hill as a test to see if it came back, it didn’t. So, I am just cresting the hill looking down, not looking at the plot on top and deer went everywhere, I was actually close enough for a shot if I had seen them ahead of time and slipped up on them, I think there were 5 of them.

I got in my stand and realize it had a slight forward lean that I didn’t notice when I put it up, when I sat down I slid off the front of the seat. I fixed the seat lean by wrapping a cinch strap around its contact points and raising it up.

I left my safety harness tether in my truck because I hook to the life line and never unhook. This time my life line wouldn’t hardly let me draw my bow, it was too far around the tree and I had it tied tight at the base of the tree and couldn’t move it without getting down. I finally lowered my tether cinch and got a reasonable amount of body movement.

Didn’t  see any deer in the stand, getting down, I decided to add another cinch strap to my climbing pole as it was a little wobbly. I cinched up the strap, gave it a good pull toward me and it broke. Had I not had a good grip with my left hand on the pole I would have seen how good my  harness and lifeline performed.

I drove home real carefully…………..
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 09:11:58 am by Eric Krewson »