Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 832831 times)

Offline bubby

Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #2580 on: December 09, 2016, 11:05:03 pm »
Glad they are both ok Clint
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline chamookman

« Reply #2581 on: December 10, 2016, 03:54:03 am »
Glad they are OK ! Driving and Texting is rampant - People are CRAZY with those "STUPID" phones  :( ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #2582 on: December 10, 2016, 09:19:31 am »
Glad no one was hurt Clint. I to remember your memorial day post.  She sure has been lucky.
Maybe you should play the lottery!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #2583 on: December 10, 2016, 09:38:08 am »
Glad they are OK. You really have to watch out for the other guy these days.
I'm beginning to think that all this distracted driving is getting worse than drunk driving.

Offline DC

« Reply #2584 on: December 10, 2016, 07:59:32 pm »
Shovelled the driveway three times >:( >:( >:(

Offline bow101

« Reply #2585 on: December 10, 2016, 08:04:12 pm »
I hear ya, and I have a small driveway.  My back seized up, I'm walking around like a 90 year old man.  Did not warm up my back nor stretch before going outside.......... :'( :'( :'(

Although one big ,big thing on my Bucket list is..!  Stay in a cabin for a short period of time,  somewhere in the back forty and live like a mountain man. Snowshoeing, hunting, splitting firewood, cooking on open fire etc.... This is a  must do before I punch my ticket...!    8)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 08:08:32 pm by bow101 »
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2586 on: December 11, 2016, 11:09:35 am »
If they would simply toss ALL people who are charged with texting and driving a 1 year jail term, it would be a good start. ZERO TOLERANCE is what we call it nowadays.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #2587 on: December 11, 2016, 03:37:33 pm »
I agree Chris ! Just as bad as Drunk Driving. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2588 on: December 11, 2016, 04:39:22 pm »
My daughter will be getting her license in a few months.  I'm glad she was in the car when it got hit so she could see how fast an accident can happen when you aren't paying attention.  We have stressed the no texting issue to her. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #2589 on: December 11, 2016, 11:43:16 pm »
Good luck with that! That is a hard one to break!

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2590 on: December 15, 2016, 01:16:17 pm »
I have nerve decompression on L3-L4-L5 and lateral fusion of L5-S1. I feel like a freight train ran over me couple times right now, at least the loss of feeling in my legs that prompted the surgery has come back.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #2591 on: December 18, 2016, 11:53:51 am »
My wife and I spent the morning hours watching a very large herd of elk wade thru the really deep snow on the divide across from us.  We see them all the time, but this morning they were headed back up country in the drifted snow which only adds to the crazy year we have had so far. The large herds of elk were down early and then went back to the high country.  They came down again when we started having the heavy snows in the mountains.  We have a picture taken early last week of 300 or so in the lower hay field.  We think that is the same herd as we watched this morning.  Cow season is still on so the 1000 yard gunners are still driving the mountain roads.  Deep snow like they were in this morning makes them easy prey for the wolves as the wolves can often run on top of the drifts and the elk must bust thru.  I don't remember seeing a herd of elk on the divide in the deep snow before.  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline JEB

« Reply #2592 on: December 18, 2016, 12:36:15 pm »
Went to mass and came home and I fixed my bride of 45 years, breakfast.

Offline StumblyRhino

« Reply #2593 on: December 18, 2016, 03:33:56 pm »
Plow, pancakes, Packers
Go Badgers!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2594 on: December 21, 2016, 07:55:37 pm »
It warmed up to about 40 degrees today so I decided to stretch my legs a little bit.  I dropped down the hill behind my house and started hiking through the woods.  I got to the back edge of our property and then I saw it.  The clouds parted.  A ray of sun shined down on a tall and straight osage tree.  Not a single limb for 35'.  I just stood there in awe for a moment.  Then I started scouting a landing area and trying to find a route to get it hauled up the hill and into the field.  But then I paused and looked at it some more.  I decided to leave it alone.  Let it keep growing until a windstorm blows it over like usually happens to large osage trees in our soft soil.  It might happen during the next storm or it might last another 10 years.  Whenever it does happen I'll be ready.   

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left