Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 831270 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #2640 on: August 14, 2017, 05:05:58 pm »
Now, that's a load of Crap. Nice stuff, Eric.   Years ago I had ther opportunity to clean out a dairy barn that hadn't been used for over 20 years. It was under roof and pure gold. Our garden did very well for 3 or 4 years before all the goodie ran out.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #2641 on: August 19, 2017, 09:32:03 am »
Last evening we had two bull moose visitors in the field and yard.  Moose are not unusual, but these two bulls were awesome.  They were completely black which I have never seen and both were in compete velvet.  They were in no hurry so I got some great pictures.  Since I let my confuseer talk me into windows 10 I can not send pictures.  In the past I would email them to my North Carolina friend and he would post them.  Its great to see the moose doing OK with the major wolf problem we have!  I have a cow elk permit but also have a bad shoulder so my plan to hunt with my
"Stanberry Bow" looks like a no go!  Getting ready to do my annual flint knapping classes with the Game and Fish so been busy getting ready.  Hope you all have a successful deer and turkey season.  AHO  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2642 on: August 19, 2017, 11:57:08 am »
Sure beats anything I did today Wolfwatcher. No moose in this area, no wolves yet but they are getting closer. Lots of nice whitetail deer though, hopefully be a good hunting season.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Iowahedge

« Reply #2643 on: August 21, 2017, 08:38:20 pm »

Got caught up on duck calls that i told friends/family i would make for them.  Now the next time I make it into the shop hopefully I can work on getting some backed bows glued up.  Or maybe make a jig for the router table to turn arrow shafts..... So many decisions.  Hope the next project is primitive or at least some wood related. Acrylic starts stinking after awhile.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2644 on: August 21, 2017, 09:01:02 pm »
Ooooohh  :o I like the second from the left.  I'm not a duck hunter but that looks great.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Iowahedge

« Reply #2645 on: August 21, 2017, 10:49:27 pm »
Thanks osage thats the one I made for myself (lol). I figure what the heck Im already making them I might as well make one (another) for myself.  I'll just throw out the disclaimer that I dont make the inserts (part with the reeds).  just the barrels.  Which is still a bit of work.  Havent made many acrylic calls. There alot more work then wooden barreled calls.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2646 on: August 22, 2017, 06:24:09 am »
Very nice Iowahedge. Do you make predator calls? Looks like a fun project.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Iowahedge

« Reply #2647 on: August 22, 2017, 10:20:23 am »
I actually did buy some inserts for predator calls the last round of parts I purchased. Gotta do some figuring on how to make the rest now. The inserts sound just like a rabbit knocking on deaths door. So just need to manufactor a barrel part that will amplify it.

Offline TenkaraGrasshopper

• TenkaraGrasshopper
« Reply #2648 on: August 28, 2017, 12:12:34 am »
I went to the Colorado Railroad Museum with my wife and kids. But while I was walking the grounds of the museum I was thinking about the bow stave sitting in my garage waiting for me.  :BB And now I am dreaming of another piece of wood to get my hands on so I can have a second piece in the works. I need to get a few built and dial in my technique and get ready for shooting practice this winter. :BB  (SH)
Respect your elders!!!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2649 on: September 05, 2017, 10:21:42 pm »
I went to my daughters cross country invitational meet today.  It was a nice course along a lake.  She got first place.  There were 12 other teams there.  My daughter has worked extremely hard at improving over the years.  It is really paying off this season. 

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #2650 on: September 05, 2017, 10:46:30 pm »
Congratulations Clint's daughter!!!!!....What's her name?I'm a competitive bugger myself and like to win too.In anything!!!!
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2651 on: September 05, 2017, 11:53:16 pm »
Last week she had a smaller meet with only 4 schools.  Second place was 4:40 behind her. 

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #2652 on: September 06, 2017, 03:18:32 am »
 :) Proud Dad, excellent.  :)
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2653 on: September 06, 2017, 11:02:17 am »
She sure looks like a runner in that first pic, Clint. I know you're proud.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2654 on: September 06, 2017, 01:02:45 pm »
I planted my comunal greens patch, kale, collards, purple top turnips and spinach. I found the spinach does the best if I plant it through black plastic, this way it doesn't have to compete with the weeds.