Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 830991 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #2655 on: September 06, 2017, 01:14:48 pm »
Congrats Clint, I'm sure you are as proud as punch! Congrats to your daughter as well,  thats quite an accomplishment! Especially to an invitational meet. 

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2656 on: September 06, 2017, 06:47:19 pm »
I told her I was  proud of how good she was doing but I was more proud of all the hard work she has put in to get to this point.  She ran 9 miles in practice the day before her last meet.  Several times a week she gets up at 5 am and runs a few miles before school.  Then she runs with the team at their practice after school.  Her work ethic and dedication is amazing.  It will take her far in life.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2657 on: September 07, 2017, 05:48:57 am »
That's great Clint, it is fantastic to see such dedication. My youngest daughter was in cross country and it was very good for her. She to worked hard at it. She didn't win any races, but she did get most improvement trophy and a lot of respect.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Stoker

« Reply #2658 on: September 08, 2017, 08:57:34 am »
Friend dropped off a deer hide.. Fleshed it out, folded it up in the freezer.. Not sure what I'm doing with it right now.. Temp at 36C - 97F  (-S  To hot to think about it.. Had to put the pedal down and gitter done..
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2659 on: September 08, 2017, 03:16:00 pm »
Well I've been preparing for Irma at work for three days and today. Today we covered all of the sensitive equipment and our paper files with plastic in case the roof starts leaking. Now I'm securing everything at home and then it's hunker down time Saturday. the crappy part is it will be hitting us in the early morning darkness so all you can do is listen to everything breaking and banging. it's a lot better if you can see something coming apart and fix it.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2660 on: September 08, 2017, 08:05:06 pm »
Be safe Eddie.   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #2661 on: September 08, 2017, 08:13:32 pm »
Yes be safe bud.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2662 on: September 08, 2017, 09:35:50 pm »
Good luck Eddie.  Keep us updated if you can. 

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2663 on: September 08, 2017, 09:40:47 pm »
I will till the power goes off.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Iowahedge

« Reply #2664 on: September 11, 2017, 11:14:01 am »

Made a couple birthday gifts. Other one involves a horse shoe and horseshoe nail cross didnt want to break any rules posting it.  Maybe someday I actually get a bow or knapped points made that I can post in the sections that I lurk in everyday.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2665 on: September 22, 2017, 06:24:06 pm »
We finally got time to trim the trails to our stand locations.  We got started at daylight to try to beat the heat.  Nothing went as planned today.  The carb was leaking on the old mower we use.  I had to take it off and fix it.  Then a wire broke that hooked up to the motor.  I had to fix that twice today.  We hit roots and rocks.  We had to take the blades off 3 times to straighten them.  We had 2 flat tires because of the osage thorns.  The belt was thrown off the pulleys a few times.  The plug wire has a short in it and that ended the day for the old mower.  I got mine out and finished the last 50 yards of trails.  Found a couple dead trees across our trails that needed cut.  I also dropped a large red oak tree on the edge of a field.  It had been dead for years.  My Dad was afraid it was going to fall on him while he was mowing.  I had to clean it all up and get it out of the field for him.  We expected to be done by lunch time.  We didn't get finished until almost 6:00.  It was a long day.  I'm hoping we can get our stands hung before opening day. 

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #2666 on: September 22, 2017, 06:32:57 pm »
Clint
I'm sure as the sun will come up tomorrow ...all your hard work will pay off with lots of venison to eat this year.  I wish I had your energy and drive. 
OH....BTW had a great time last weekend at Scottsville.
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2667 on: September 22, 2017, 07:22:01 pm »
Thanks Bill.  I had a great time also.  I wish it would have been 20 degrees cooler. 

I picked out a spot for a running deer target set up today.  I'll need to clear some brush so it's easier to find our arrows. 

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #2668 on: September 22, 2017, 07:43:12 pm »
You'll have to take that big deer target you got at Scottsburg and wire some sheds on it for the running deer target...:) ;)
Oh BTW hopefully we won't be looking for my arrows :)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2669 on: September 30, 2017, 04:20:50 pm »
I cooked for the guys, I had 9 people over. Everyone pitched in something. We had deer backstrap, doves wrapped in bacon, deer minute steak, all cooked over charcoal, pork BBQ and crappie filets along with white beans, slaw, potato salad, fried green tomatoes, cornbread, chocolate pie and cherry pudding cake.

I should have taken a few pictures but I was too busy eating.