Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 817635 times)

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #3090 on: December 17, 2021, 05:44:29 pm »
JW, I have a whistle (flute) made of sweetgum by my friend Mack Hoover.  It's beautiful both to look at and to listen to!

But what did I do today?  I just led about 300 K-3 students in Christmas carols while they said hi to Santa.  It's one of the greatest parts of my job.  :)  :)  :)   (S)
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #3091 on: December 17, 2021, 08:17:37 pm »
I went to an estate sale a few years ago because they had a Shopsmith planer, they also had every Shopsmith tool known to man. I bought the $1500 planer for $300, I intended to use it for leveling gunstock blanks but my chainsawed out planks were too rough to run through it, they wouldn't auto feed it so I sold it for what I had in it.

Aside from a free standing Shopsmith bandsaw no one wanted the rest of the system and I think it went for less than $1000 and that was with all the lathe tools, drill bits, sanding disc and a ton of other parts, it had everything you could put on one and was a top of the line model.

This is the planer I bought;

https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/catalog/planers.htm

Offline BruceE

Re: What did you do Today?
« Reply #3092 on: January 03, 2022, 10:47:57 am »
Watched toy story 3 times, played barbie and changed poopy diapers.
No one will thank you for that, but it is a very important job. So I thank you.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: What did you do Today?
« Reply #3093 on: January 03, 2022, 02:13:25 pm »
Watched toy story 3 times, played barbie and changed poopy diapers.
No one will thank you for that, but it is a very important job. So I thank you.

That reminds me of the first time I baby sat my oldest granddaughter. Her mom said she just made a dirty diaper so she should be good. She no more than left an she made another. I got that cleaned up and in a little while she made another.

She’s my favorite granddaughter and I can say that because she is my only granddaughter. I tell her that all the time. Once in awhile I tell her about the first time I babysat her to.lol

Bjrogg

See that post from Paul was awhile back. So was my babysitter job. She’s a pretty young lady now. She gives grandpa a good hug now. Wow that time went fast.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #3094 on: January 03, 2022, 07:55:12 pm »
I like to keep a few gizmos around to give to struggling newbies, I was out of them. I can make the plain cedar ones quickly so I knocked out a few to keep on hand.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #3095 on: March 21, 2022, 02:52:33 am »
Caught a little mess of 8 to 9 inch bluegills for a few meals for Robin and me today.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #3096 on: March 21, 2022, 02:37:05 pm »
Good eating there Ed

Offline BrianS

« Reply #3097 on: March 21, 2022, 06:04:33 pm »
Those are some nice size bluegills

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #3098 on: March 21, 2022, 11:02:04 pm »
Store bought fish cannot compare to these.Pre sawn bluegills just after the ice is out on the pond.Maybe shrimp though.
If I lived along the coast I'd be eating fresh shrimp too.Did that once in Gulf Shores and man was that good.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 04:25:37 am by BowEd »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #3099 on: March 24, 2022, 10:20:44 am »
With the increased cost of bedding plants plus me being cheap I started sprouting my own seeds a few years ago.  I fid it easier and more efficient starting my garden with plants instead of sowing seeds and hoping they will germinate in the garden. I also plant through black plastic which holds heat and interferes with germination.

Always a wonderful sight to see in the spring;

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #3100 on: March 26, 2022, 08:54:14 am »
My kale patch still looks great but it will be going to seed shortly, it is time to stockpile frozen kale for the summer months.

I find a Walmart bag so full that you can't cram another leaf in holds 3.5 pounds of kale that will fill two sinks.

I got the first batch a little salty so I cooked a second pot to add to the first to adjust the flavor.

I live alone so I package the kale in single serving packs, I determine the portion by putting a scoop on a plate and add or detract from it until it looks "right".

I froze 20 packs of kale which I think is enough to last me until next fall, I only cook on weekends mostly.

Offline Allyn T

• I'm addicted to information
« Reply #3101 on: March 28, 2022, 10:17:22 am »
Yesterday my friend and I did a little bass fishing. We caught a couple big ones and ended up with a Very full stringer of little ones. Had to double and triple up on the stringer hooks.

In the woods I find my peace

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #3102 on: April 20, 2022, 09:16:02 am »
We have had rain every other day for weeks, it has been too wet to till the garden, looks like a rain free week so it is time to mow off the greens patch.

Starting in;

The kale hasn't gone to seed yet but I have picked and given away a truckload in the last few weeks. A good friend dropped by yesterday to show me a TC rifle so I directed him to the kale patch to pick all he wanted before I mowed it down.

The kale still looks good but has to go.

First pass with the mower set up high.

Done deal, I will put my tiller on the tractor today, I have 6 gardens to till for friends and family.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #3103 on: April 20, 2022, 01:18:08 pm »
Looks like a pretty good job of residue control Eric. And some good green manure to. Soil and microbes have to eat to.

Bjrogg

Offline White Falcon

« Reply #3104 on: June 09, 2022, 02:34:59 pm »
Finished ths shoulder rig.