Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 847002 times)

Offline sadiejane

Re: What did you do Today?
« Reply #510 on: February 12, 2013, 11:02:01 am »
  Happy Fat Tuesday to you too Sadie. I get your drift. I grew up in Savannah and we had one of the three biggest celebrations in the US for St Patricks Day; New york and Boston the other two. Long days with lots of embibing will surely take it toll. I don't miss those days much anymore...I do still hold on to some of the memories. ;)

you remember???? :o
wild women don't get the blues

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #511 on: February 12, 2013, 01:23:07 pm »
I remember the parts I remember!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #512 on: February 12, 2013, 02:40:40 pm »
I made my self a little persuasion board.  Going to be needing this very shortly. ;)

Offline Keenan

« Reply #513 on: February 12, 2013, 04:26:25 pm »
Looking great Charlie. See what these bow swaps do for ya!  ;)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #514 on: February 12, 2013, 04:28:20 pm »
3" of reflex Chuck? 
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline stringstretcher

« Reply #515 on: February 12, 2013, 04:54:32 pm »
It sure does Keenan, and yes Pearl, 3" at 72"

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #516 on: February 12, 2013, 05:07:52 pm »
Thats a good number to end up with a nice, flat unstrung profile. 4" Will usually keep a tad of that reflex. It never hurts to have 2 or 3 cauls around the shop of varying degrees.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline stringstretcher

« Reply #517 on: February 12, 2013, 05:15:31 pm »
There will be more in the making very soon.  Went out, got more clamps, came back, oiled the stave up, clamped the handle down.........HEAT GUN WILL NOT WORK.  So I packed everything up, put it away and came in the house. >:(  No the hunt is on for a heat gun....lol

Offline seabass

« Reply #518 on: February 12, 2013, 05:31:12 pm »
Pat,i will put the magnetic tape on my to bring list.Charlie,i would let you borrow my heat gun but i'll be needing it tonight.i got a real good one at Menards big box store for 20 bucks.i don't know if you have a menards in virginia.they are cheaper there than they are at the other two big box hardware stores.i might have to make me a shorter form for my new bow to be.i think my current form is for 60 to 67 inch bows and this little stave is gonna be a sinew backed shortie with canebrake skins.well off to the man cave.hope all you guys and gals are having a wonderful day.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline stringstretcher

« Reply #519 on: February 12, 2013, 06:13:34 pm »
No we don't have that store here in Va that I know of Steve, but we do have a store that sells discount items and they have a few in that price range.

Offline seabass

« Reply #520 on: February 12, 2013, 07:36:50 pm »
i think you jinxed me Charlie lol.i was using mine earlier and my highest setting is not working now.i guess i am in the market for another.i did get alot of yeller dust in it.that might be the culprit.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline stringstretcher

« Reply #521 on: February 12, 2013, 07:42:28 pm »
Sorry about that....lol.  Must be a heat gun day for sure.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #522 on: February 12, 2013, 09:19:01 pm »
My Walmart Wagner heat gun has been going strong for years.  Even after the cord somehow got melted  ::)

After we got the potentially good news about my son today I called my Dad to see if he wanted to look for sheds.  We spent two hours hiking through the hills.  No antlers but we found an Elm tree that was struck by lightning.  It had about an 8" strip of bark blown off of it from the to the ground.  It spiraled around the tree all the way down.  I've never seen that before.  We came home with some treasures; 2 golfballs, a turtle shell minus the turtle, and one side of a coyote jaw.  I spent more time looking for trees to cut than I did antlers.  It was some good quality time in the woods with him.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #523 on: February 12, 2013, 09:58:15 pm »
Good for you Clint !!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline trad bow

« Reply #524 on: February 12, 2013, 10:06:39 pm »
Straighten two dozen cane shafts.Will sand them down tommorrow night and take pics then. Two sizes, one dozen for me and one for my grandsons 25 lb bow. ;D