Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 829962 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: What did you do Today?
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2013, 11:29:34 am »
Those are some crazy curves on that bow Pearly.  Wheres the full draw pic???
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Keenan

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2013, 11:29:58 am »
Good to hear from you Joe, I sure envy your life there on the ranch in the heart of all that wild life. Good luck on the cougars and wolves. If you get anywhere close to this area maybe we could hook up for a sturgeon fishing trip. Let me know whenyou are planning and maybe we can put something together.

Stringman

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2013, 12:00:19 pm »
Good post! Love hearing from everyone!

Scott

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2013, 12:16:27 pm »
Keenan:  Have been thinking of a road trip to Hell's Canyon.  I have a hard top jet boat that was made for that river.  Seems like there is a lot of traffic on the river these days!  In the old days you could spend several days on the river and only see the mail boat!  Had to turn the monsters back but what an experience!  Having the echo of hundreds of Chuckers coming to water in the evenings and all the small mouth bass and salmon makes for a life long memory.  Can be honest about coming out those 70 miles headed down thru those rapids had some serious pucker factor!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Keenan

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2013, 12:36:14 pm »
Joe that sounds like an awesome trip! I've been thinking about doing that one as well. I have hunted over in the area when I was a teenager but have never run that part of the river. We have an 18' jet sled, maybe we could meet up over that way and you could lead the way. I know of another group that does the trip every year, and thought about going with them to learn.  But it's a fairly large group and are more into the partying then enjoying the surounding.
 Your right the chuckar are thick and the bass fishing can be hot. dont forget a few bow fishing set ups for the carp ;)  What time of year you thinking?

Offline johnston

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2013, 12:42:30 pm »
Saturday morning serious rabbit hunt...6 hunters and 12 beagles. Busted 8 miles of briars. Got
home and after cleaning rabbits took my new Super Single Six for a sight in session. Back home
went squirrel hunting with same. After cleaning squirrels got to skype with my grandbaby. Here
she is with her puppup.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2013, 12:55:08 pm »
Wow great picture!

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2013, 01:00:54 pm »
Today and for the past several days I have been getting paid to be an NDN at work in the Indian Museum at Yosemite National Park.  I got a bunch of games and flutes made for the gift shop and am getting started on a new project - but you all will have to wait and see.  I have a couple of other new projects in mind and one labor of love for my wife that will just take some time.  Snowed a little here last night and continues to spit a few lazy flakes. Today is my friday and tomorrow will be a play date with a family friend - tuesday a team meeting with social services over my son and his kids.  Somewhere in there I need to get some sand to fill in the spaces on the slate pation my dad and I put in last week. So, nothing really going on around here!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2013, 01:02:18 pm »
Sadie a little correction if I may..."The Secrets of the Omaha Bow". The best book on tillering for me I have seen. It has drawings showing problems and remedies even I can understand.  ;D 
Any time Sadie!  ;)
  Keenan this is the last 1/3 of the truck load I'm talking about. Heck, it's just about to kill me and I'm using a log splitter.  ;D The chain saw I used on Friday is an old Craftsman(Pouland) with a 24" bar and that sucker is quite heavy. It is good for cutting these 18" to 24" oak logs but after a few fuel refills I'm worn out.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2013, 01:14:15 pm »
I have been working on my Christmas exchange gift.....trying to get it finished up and sent off.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline Cyrille

• I have been active in archery since age 15
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2013, 01:54:16 pm »
Woke up at 4:30 got my bow, arrows, glove, bracer put all outside on my worktable( going bunny hunting ),went back inside made some coffee drank same while waiting for daylight. When it got grey enough to see the fence went back outside togather my gear and go... (good thing I have a covered porch).... watched in dismay as a frog strangling gully wamper of a rainstom began....
 Guess it'll be another "football day."
To Hunt, to loose, "perchance to dream."*
 Cyrille Troubadour & Archer.

* Paraphrasing Shakespeare's Hamlet

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2013, 03:29:37 pm »
Maybe just the pic, but around here you better put some orange on that dog before you put it outside! ;)
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2013, 04:50:41 pm »
Thanks for starting this Keenan !
Good idea but now I may have to learn how to post pics !
It was Black Powder season in Ohio yesterday!,The sun was out so I took down my Christmas lights and stuff !
Sadie I hope you get the job !
Looks like you folks did more fun stuff than this worthless old nut ! (as usual)
Keenan and Joe I can only dream of being in your part of the  country !
Have fun Folks !!
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline seabass

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2013, 05:40:31 pm »
not much going on today.bought mom a preasent for her b-day tomarrow,then went to visit granny in the hospital.she had a strokebut is doing very well now.she is 83 and tougher than most.i am sure the nurses want to she her go home.she wears them out.now i am gonna make some barbaque sauce and put some chicken on the grill.maybe i can get a little time with my snakey osage after dinner.have a good day guys.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2013, 06:31:19 pm »
well so far i went to church and got back about noon had lunch and stripped some feathers for some arrows for seabass and i'm about to go work on the osage/sinew some more, i'll try and get some pics sometime today
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"