Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 844429 times)

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #735 on: March 20, 2013, 03:38:26 pm »
I have another dozen of the heavy hog cane arrows in the making since I like the first ones so good.  Got the nock ends plugged, and have one more straightening to do and will start putting the self nocks in and fletching.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #736 on: March 20, 2013, 04:14:08 pm »
Poggins tell your mom to keep trucking and screw that stuff, dont let that shitt slow her down. My wife HAD it, my sister has it and my uncle and grandma lost their life to it. Its personal with me!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Poggins

« Reply #737 on: March 20, 2013, 05:12:12 pm »
Pearl , this is the second round she has had with it . She was over twenty years canser free , different type this time.
She still has about three weeks of raidiation and one more chemo left. The doctors says mom looks good .
At least spring is here and it will get warm enough for her to get outside more often.
Mom has lost three sisters and one brother and two nieces to canser, so you might say it's personal with us too.

Offline Poggins

« Reply #738 on: March 21, 2013, 02:31:35 am »
Good thing they don't let you hit nurses, several tries and two ivs later only one of them in a vein they finally got started , an hour after they started, mom is glad there is only one more chemo treatment .
Made it back in time for the potluck diner at OJAM  and meet everyone befor it gets underway tomarow.

Offline hatcha

« Reply #739 on: March 21, 2013, 11:23:19 am »
Just finished rubbing beeswax into some arrow shafts.  My hands are cramped from rubbing vigorously to get the friction heat up but I like how it's looking!

I'm definitely gonna use it on a bow!

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #740 on: March 21, 2013, 05:11:41 pm »
Detention Duty @ the high school I work at.  I'm doing it right now.  >:D

I also used the big 80 grit belt sander in the hs welding lab this morning, at lunch and again for a minute after school before detention to sand down an osage pommel for a knife I'm putting a handle on for the Dad of one of my kids friends.  When it's done, I'll post pics on this page.

Have a gooder, dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline seabass

« Reply #741 on: March 21, 2013, 10:49:26 pm »
i can't wait to see the knife Derik.i am sure it will be great.are you comming to the classic this year?
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Poggins

« Reply #742 on: March 22, 2013, 01:23:06 am »
Made it through the first day of OJAM today, thirty some bows started and a lot of those by beginners , one shooting already and one blowup. Tomarrow there should be several more new bows being shot as well as more bows being built. Hope we have enough wood available for Saturday , if the weather holds out we could see a lot more people show up .

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #743 on: March 22, 2013, 04:17:26 pm »
Good thing they don't let you hit nurses, several tries and two ivs later only one of them in a vein they finally got started , an hour after they started, mom is glad there is only one more chemo treatment .
Made it back in time for the potluck diner at OJAM  and meet everyone befor it gets underway tomarow.

Your bringing back bad memories poggins! I know just how you feel friend. Its hard to sit and watch it happpen without boiling over.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bubby

« Reply #744 on: March 22, 2013, 05:15:14 pm »

I know the feeling, on my first knee replacement they didn't get a vein till the 9th try
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #745 on: March 22, 2013, 06:48:04 pm »
Classic...yes!  dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline RyanY

« Reply #746 on: March 23, 2013, 01:11:11 am »
I finished up my ukulele! Its the first one I've built. Now I just have to learn to play the darn thing!

Offline Poggins

« Reply #747 on: March 23, 2013, 02:31:41 am »
It was worse a few days after her surgery , they tried for over three hours and even took twice to get a pik line in .

Day two at OJAM and I'm getting wore out , all I see when I close my eyes are bows bending on the tillering tree . It will probably get busier tomarrow , still feels good to help people learn how to build bows., we worked a few kids bows today also.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #748 on: March 23, 2013, 04:36:47 am »
Like the Uke Ryan ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #749 on: March 23, 2013, 09:00:26 am »
Poggins:  Sending prayers/good vibes/whatever you need your way.  Sounds like those techs need to practice more on some chicken veins.

Ryoon:  sweet looking Uke!  was that a kit?
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018