Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 829718 times)

Offline Badly Bent

Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #2280 on: September 24, 2015, 11:55:10 pm »
Had one of those fun days myself Eric, two weeks ago. 57 years old and have always avoided the doctors out of the irrational fear that one may find something wrong with me. Well I went only because something was irritating me and it turns out something was wrong. Now I'll probably be just fine but he thinks it will take 6 months of medication to heal. Since this recent visit I'm being told now by my doctor and my wife that I will be going back for check ups on a more regular basis. I'm going to follow the rules now as far as annual doctor physicals go. No health could mean no hunting and I don't want that.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #2281 on: September 28, 2015, 08:33:53 am »
I have a tough time seeing the Doc, as well Greg.  I'm trying to do better.  I generally only go when I break or cut something I can't fix.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2282 on: September 28, 2015, 08:38:36 pm »
Amen, Eric. I talked to one of the older guys that work for me and found out he had never had a colonoscopy and hi was in his early 60's. I talked him to asking his Doctor about it and he had it done. Well, he found out he had early stages of Colon cancer, went through Chemo and is clear, so far. Made him feel good he listened and made me feel good knowing I might have saved his life. I've seen two good friends suffer through it and it's not pretty. Heck, once they put you under you don't remember anything but the farting.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2283 on: September 28, 2015, 09:05:56 pm »
Heck, once they put you under you don't remember anything but the farting.

I've had nights like that....
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #2284 on: September 29, 2015, 12:20:38 am »
Heck, once they put you under you don't remember anything but the farting.

I've had nights like that....

:laugh:
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2285 on: September 30, 2015, 08:43:29 pm »
Checked my game cam today.  Moved it east another quarter mile mapping the behavior of this buck. 

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Online chamookman

« Reply #2286 on: October 01, 2015, 04:57:07 am »
Nice Buck Jdub - good luck. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #2287 on: October 01, 2015, 10:19:06 am »
This afternoon 5 others and myself walk a good man to his finial resting place.. Grandfather to my children.. My ex's dad.. Her parents and I remained close after she left to find herself.. He was diagonosed with parkenson's 20 years ago cancer 4 years ago.. Last time I walked down a aisle was with my daughter at her wedding almost a year ago.. Bill was standing there beaming with pride.. He even could dance with her at the reception..
We have a lot of great memoiries
Rest in peace Bill
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline DC

« Reply #2288 on: October 07, 2015, 03:07:14 pm »
I made plastic sheaves for the blocks on my tree. AHHHHH quiet it the shop :D :D :D

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #2289 on: October 09, 2015, 12:23:21 pm »
I think I had an awakening this mornin.

Very few of you all know that I have had some medical issues over the past few months. On Tuesday of this week I had my gallbladder removed. I've never had a surgery on my abdominal area and wasn't prepared for the type of pain I would be in. I have a pretty high pain tolerance and I don't like to take a lot of pain medications. Especially the prescription kind, partially because of the possibility of the addiction. But the first two days I took one every 4 to 5 hours just so I could be half way comfortable.
On day two I was told I would be able to take a shower. I thought great, I might feel better with a good hot shower. Then I had to admit to my wife that  I couldn't wash my lower half. I felt helpless. I don't like that feeling! Then yesterday I felt somewhat better so we went out to eat with my sister in law and niece. I had been really careful about what I ate till I got to the restaurant. But they had walleye on the menu. Tasted great! But the after effects was terrible. I spent the next 2 hours back and forth to the bathroom. Now I know what pain was all about! After that passed I felt a lot better and my incisions were still intact (thank God)
I woke up today and took a shower by my self and got fully dressed by my self including tying my own shoes! Now I'm still not a hundred percent but I almost feel human again.

I've decided I am going to get healthy! I'm planning on loosing at first 50lbs and trying to get back in shape. It's funny what being able to tie your own shoes will do for you!

Also for the first time since I finished my trade bow I have the urge to get in the shop and work on a bow. As soon as the doctor releases me that is. Thank you all here on PA!

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #2290 on: October 09, 2015, 12:44:32 pm »
Best of luck to you on your weight loss Patrick, we are all rooting for you.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #2291 on: October 09, 2015, 01:02:12 pm »
Thanks Aaron, I appreciate it!
Patrick

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2292 on: October 09, 2015, 01:25:57 pm »
Sorry to hear about your health problems, Patrick. I wish you a speedy recovery. Good luck with your weight loss too. Watching what you eat and when you eat it is a good starting point and exercising is a necessity even if it is just a brisk 30 minute walk every day.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #2293 on: October 09, 2015, 02:41:47 pm »
Thanks Pat, you're right. I'm heavier now than I've ever been. I don't like it and enough is enough. I'm ready for a change.
Patrick

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #2294 on: October 09, 2015, 02:43:03 pm »
Good luck with your recovery... Any op' really knocks the stuffing out of you. I've been lucky, a couple of minor ops but V little pain.
Del
(If you want to get rid of fifty pounds  just write me a cheque ;) (£50) )
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.