Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 817166 times)

Offline Emennis

• "In the long run, you only hit what you aim at"HT
    • Facebook Page
Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #2625 on: July 06, 2017, 01:57:23 pm »
Being that I live in a city, I'm not allowed to shoot my bow as much as I like, so I'm contemplating joining a club. Is over a 100 bucks for a year reasonable? Maybe then I can post more relevant stuff on here ;)
The thing about archery is that everyone can do it and everyone can have a good day at it. You don't have to be an expert.

Tom Barker

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2626 on: July 06, 2017, 02:22:31 pm »
Emennis I don't know what the going rate is to join a club. Fortunately for me I live in the country and even have a building I can shoot in side during the winter. If you think it's worth it then it most definitely is. I usually wear out about that many dollars worth of my own targets a year. A lot will depend on who the group is and how you get along with them. Also how much you can use facilities. I really hope it works for you.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2627 on: July 10, 2017, 09:43:51 am »
The conservation clubs around me are about 35-45$ per year. Over a $100 seems crazy. Check out the Demmer Center at MSU 
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Emennis

• Facebook Page
« Reply #2628 on: July 11, 2017, 07:59:33 am »
The conservation clubs around me are about 35-45$ per year. Over a $100 seems crazy. Check out the Demmer Center at MSU 

Awesome, thank you! Will do. I think the one that costs so much is because they claim to have a 3d course.  ::)
The thing about archery is that everyone can do it and everyone can have a good day at it. You don't have to be an expert.

Tom Barker

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2629 on: July 11, 2017, 09:43:27 am »
You are very close to the Fowler Club on M100/Wright rd. The have bale blanks and elevated platforms to shoot from. I believe they are in that $40/year range. Plus a gun range and cheap rental of the hall if needed.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Emennis

• Facebook Page
« Reply #2630 on: July 11, 2017, 10:25:01 am »
Very cool, I will have to look them up. Thank you!

Tom Barker

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2631 on: July 11, 2017, 10:36:33 am »
Fowler is my old stomping grounds.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2632 on: July 15, 2017, 10:01:21 pm »
I finished a slight remodel to my camper today.  I added a middle shelf in the front and made some cabinet doors.  It will make more useful storage room and keep things neater looking.  I had to keep with the tool shed theme for the cabinet latches.  I also drilled a hole for the TV and DVD player cords to drop down the back instead of hanging over the front.  My wife is camping with me now and she said it looked to messy  ::)

I left the middle open because that's where the DVD player sets. 

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #2633 on: July 16, 2017, 09:13:56 pm »
Really like the latches ....Those are some nice improvements....
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2634 on: July 17, 2017, 08:47:17 am »
The Al state championship is coming up in Aug, I never practise enough or the right way so I decided to set up a bunch of my 3D targets in my woods. I have 12 targets out so far and can shoot the course by walking out my backdoor.

I never miss, he says tongue in cheek, but alway set up a target in front of a backstop just in case a bug flies into my eye just as I drop the string.

Here is one of my set-ups, I bought the shot up leppard for around $30 after a tournament and repaired it.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #2635 on: July 17, 2017, 06:40:41 pm »
Today we are praying for the firefighters on the detwiler fire in Mariposa county... it is over 7000 acres and growing. I am about 10 air miles and it is snowing ash here. Around 100 degrees to!

Offline bubby

« Reply #2636 on: July 17, 2017, 08:30:42 pm »
I got a 1×42" belt sander/grinder for $5 they said it wouldnt run. Motor would hum but not turn, turns out it was just wired up wrong just got some belts and runs like a striped a$$ ape!!. Also saw 2 grills on the curb for free on fb marketplace so i drove by. One was a weber about the 30" size and looked basiclly new so i threw it in the truck for camping
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Stoker

« Reply #2637 on: July 18, 2017, 09:07:27 am »
Be safe Ben.. Drove through B.C. week ago coming home from a visit to the coast.. Choppers flying with buckets.. Dry year
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2638 on: July 20, 2017, 07:33:35 pm »
Well, I actually did it last Sunday. I drove 600 miles starting in Pocatello, Id and drove to the West entrance of Yellowstone and worked my way south through the Grand Teton National Park and then to Jackson Hole and south to Soda Springs and back late that afternoon in Pocatello. Beautiful place. I've got some nice pictures on my phone but don't know how to load from it to here. I posted a few on Facebook.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2639 on: August 14, 2017, 01:49:14 pm »
I am a big fan of barnyard fertilizer for growing stuff, I have a food plot I plant in the woods about 75 yards below my house. I don't hunt it but like to watch deer on it. I made the clearing for the plot by widening an existing spot in the woods, the soil is so poor it will hardly grow weeds.

On a good year with plenty of rain I can get a marginal stand of plot seed to come up but the deer eat it to the ground as soon as it comes up. I decided to enrich the plot so stuff will grow faster than the deer can eat it.

The local cattle sale barn has countless tons of this stuff, give it away for free and will even load it on a trailer for you.

This manure is green, right out of the cows so this year's application may burn up my plot but I have to start somewhere. I have a front end loader on my little tractor to unload the stuff and spread it.