Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 817413 times)

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #2685 on: December 21, 2017, 07:06:52 am »
That is a big one Clint. Yup they sure can mess up your lawn.  Looks like a fine pup. I don't see any problem with the length of his legs.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2686 on: December 21, 2017, 07:33:33 am »
It must be mole season, I seldom see one in my yard but one has my front yard in a mess as of yesterday.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2687 on: December 21, 2017, 08:12:30 am »
I already have a mole hide in the freezer Bill.  I want to do some tanning this winter. 

Next time I might try to stick one with an arrow when I see it digging. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline JEB

« Reply #2688 on: December 21, 2017, 08:47:48 am »
tis the season with those little SOB's. The last time I cleaned my yard up with the rider it was like riding on a roller coaster.

What did I do today: Just put the finishing touches up on 8 stone knives that I knapped and put handles on. Photo's later once my bride gets home to shrink them down for me.  Also starting to get ready for our winter trip to the S.W.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2689 on: December 21, 2017, 06:12:23 pm »
Saw the pictures in the Flint knapping section jeb. Really nice knives and great pictures.
Have a wonderful safe trip
Bjrogg

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2690 on: January 03, 2018, 07:22:53 pm »
A few days ago when I was leaving the land in Tn I hunt after dark, an armadillo scurried across the road in front of me. Seeing as how I have had a long running war with these critters I swerved my truck and turned the armadillo into a road pizza.

As I drove to the land this evening I topped a little rise where I hit the armadillo and there were two mature bald eagles having a pizza dinner.

I drove right up to them, the first I have ever seen close up. They left the armadillo and flew about 15 yards away into a soybean field and just stood there looking at me. I was able to snap one picture out the window before my camera batteries died. I didn't know he was looking the other way when I took the picture but at least I got one picture.

Seeing eagles in south central Tn is very rare.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2691 on: January 03, 2018, 07:29:41 pm »
That's a cool picture.  I see them cruising above the river at work and near my house about once or twice a year.  They are cool birds. 

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2692 on: January 07, 2018, 06:02:09 pm »
Several years ago I put a coyote carcasse in the field at the end of my dead end road. Usually the hawks and seagulls clean them up. The first morning I went back to look I couldn't figure out what was there as I drove back. It ended up it was a very large bald eagle eating the carcasse. About thirty feet away was a hawk and about fifty feet away several sea gulls. You could see the picking order. Since then I've started putting the carcasse in the field right behind my barn. I have a pair that I see regularly now. This summer I had three hanging around. I do enjoy watching them. I think they were hunting for ground hogs.
Bjrogg

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2693 on: March 03, 2018, 11:21:26 pm »
Marcia and I celebrated our 40 anniversary.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #2694 on: March 04, 2018, 02:10:15 am »
Congrats To You and Your Bride  :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2695 on: March 04, 2018, 09:31:55 am »
Thanks Bob. Where have all the years gone.   :o
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2696 on: March 04, 2018, 04:31:59 pm »
That's quite the accomplishment Pat.  Congrats to both of you. 

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2697 on: March 04, 2018, 06:32:14 pm »
Just a normal day; I made abut 4 qts of spaghetti sauce to freeze in one serving packs, I finished some arrows for my granddaughter, I cut up several blight killed red oaks in my woods. I have found removing them stops the blight from spreading. I sharpened all my chainsaw chains, I picked a bunch of spinach to drop of at the house of a pretty gal I know that I used to date.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2698 on: March 04, 2018, 07:17:08 pm »
I enjoyed the beautiful weather by spending all day in the woods.  I cut some osage and cut some new trails through our property. 

Offline Redhand

• Marlen Murdock PM109458
« Reply #2699 on: March 04, 2018, 07:35:53 pm »
 Wow Pat. 
Congrats to you and your wife I bet you have a lot of great memories.

I worked on some phragmites arrows that I am wanting to use this turkey season. 
Northern Ute