Linked Events

• 16th Tennessee Classic : May 03, 2013 - May 05, 2013

Author Topic: 16th Tennessee Classic  (Read 137836 times)

Offline Badly Bent

Re: 16th Tennessee Classic
« Reply #555 on: May 07, 2013, 11:44:04 pm »
Bill, nice having you and John as camping neighbors as well and Smokey enjoyed your ribeye steak. :) We'll likely camp in the same spot next year, don't mind the walk up and down the hill but mostly because it didn't flood on top. :)

Guy, I'll give her that hug for ya. We both were pleased to be able to get to know you a bit and I assure you she enjoyed the visit
with you and we'll be looking for you again next year.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #556 on: May 08, 2013, 11:21:30 pm »
I have been reading in Primitive Archer Magazine and online for years about this so called "Tennessee Classic".  Just another archery tournement, right? 

Nope.  Not at all.  First off, the very strictly limited membership of the Twin Oaks Club ensures that the event goes off with the least possible number of hitches.  They all bear down and work their butts off.  I was up awful late and rolled out of my fartsack pretty darn early and still couldn't catch whoever it was that was doing all the clean-up around the place!  I'm an obsessive trash-picker-upper....I might as well have left my hands back home! 

Cleanliness is not my measure of a good time, not at all.  I just use that to point out the organizational miracle this event represents. 

It was also VERY family friendly, even long after dark.  And before I forget, thank you both Mr and Mrs Wirwicki for letting me hold the WeeWicki.  That little guy's blue eyes and ready smile performed a wonderful healing on my old broken heart.

Pappy, thank you for hosting me and making my stay so confortable.  You are what they must mean when they talk about genteel Southern ways and being a gentleman.  I remain in your debt. 

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #557 on: May 09, 2013, 09:56:17 am »
JW, you are most welcome Sir.  Wee-wicki attends all of the shoots with us and especially at the Classic he gets held by some of the greatest human beings on the planet.  Ya'll are a part of our family and it gives Miss Heather and I great pleasure to be a part of it.  It was wonderful to finally meet you JW in person.  Hope our paths cross again.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline iowabow

« Reply #558 on: May 09, 2013, 10:43:51 am »
Guess who had a better time than anyone? See below...these two were stuck like glue, shootin, eating, and just hangin out! The classic allowed these two to have grand old tme.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline MWirwicki

« Reply #559 on: May 09, 2013, 06:57:43 pm »
I agree John.  Them two have become good buddies.  I know Dylan misses Isaac, already.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #560 on: May 10, 2013, 01:24:53 am »
How awesome is this picture??   JW and the Awesome 2nd timer but first time out of the belly Baby Wiricki.   What a trooper!
I must say JW was very entertaining AND he keeps his word.  I had the most awesomeness bottle of Red and wonderful dark chocolate as a gift.  He even brought Sassy (some of you met her Sassyness) some chocolate. Thank you to Pappy for everything!!!  I have group pics to post as well.  Sassy went home with one of Pappy's pups.  I think the pup thinks it died and went to heaven as he is now sleeping on a bed and the second he wimpers he gets picked up and coddled.  Sassy is a SUCKER!!  It was great to see everyone.

You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #561 on: May 10, 2013, 01:56:16 am »
That Weewicki is the happiest baby I've ever seen. If everyone else was buisy he just entertained himself. The only time I heard him cry is when Heather wouldn't him eat rocks on Sunday morning.
  That is a cool pic, Marie.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #562 on: May 10, 2013, 06:19:33 am »
Very cool picture,Marie I hope she still loves the pup after a week of his winning. ;) :) Right Pat ,I spent a week with him and he was always smiling.
We played hands,I would put my hand on his stroller top and he would push it off and then just laugh and smile. I think he would do that for hours. :) :) Takes after his daddy,Matt is always smiling and happy also. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #563 on: May 10, 2013, 08:39:13 am »
Great kid, that one. We had several conversations without either one of us knowing what the other said.  :D
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline iowabow

« Reply #564 on: May 10, 2013, 09:04:14 am »
Yep I held the little one while we heat treated a bow lol
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #565 on: May 10, 2013, 01:19:50 pm »
In 2 weeks I will get my time to hold Weewicki !
See ya in Marshall little buddy !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline MWirwicki

« Reply #566 on: May 10, 2013, 01:43:27 pm »
Thank you Marie, for posting that pic.  Heather mentioned that she thought it was yourself who took the picture with JW.  I was looking for one with the two of them.  Could you please send me via email a copy of that pic? 

Thank you all for the nice words towards my Wee-Wicki.  I am truly fortunate.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #567 on: May 10, 2013, 02:15:51 pm »
That is a great picture.  It even has the PA banner in the background.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #568 on: May 10, 2013, 05:33:07 pm »
I wish I could tell you all what that photo of me and Wee means to me, but it's something just too personal.  Let's just say that there is a lot of healing and good medicine going on. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline MWirwicki

« Reply #569 on: May 10, 2013, 09:30:40 pm »
 ;)
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI