Author Topic: Finally got a Fastflight string for the warbow/90#ELB! WOW!  (Read 2734 times)

Offline nineworlds9

• Toxophile
Finally got a Fastflight string for the warbow/90#ELB! WOW!
« on: February 07, 2013, 11:35:03 am »
Well fastflight is awesome stuff.  I have plenty of experience with the stuff on my lighter bows, but up til now just had the stock 20 strand B50 string on the Rudderbows warbow...a veritable ROPE of a string.  Like taffy.  Never could get it to hold exact brace height and it always would slap the heck out of my arm.  The bow also felt slow with it.  Anyway, you all know how much the proper wood arrows helped with shooting the bow..well the new 18 strand Fastflight string is making it even better!!  First off, holding proper brace height is now without any problems.  You shoot the bow and nothing changes, you unbrace and rebrace, no change also, perfect!  Also, wrist slap is significantly reduced, very pleasing to my arm, let me just say.  The bow also definitely feels like it has gained at least a few feet per second.  I'm so happy.  I had considered selling the bow, but with the new arrows and string I think I'll keep her a while.  I will of course keep an eye on the nocks to see how they handle the new string, but from what I've heard it shouldn't be a problem. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 11:42:31 am by nineworlds9 »

Offline adb

Re: Finally got a Fastflight string for the warbow/90#ELB! WOW!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 12:11:02 pm »
FF is the only way to go with heavy bows. And your nocks will be fine... I've never had a problem with tip overlays. I use FF on all my bows over 50#.