Author Topic: Stuff you need to bring to the classic. For the benafit of our new friends.  (Read 14634 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
I was thinking knee boots, Im bettin the poop gets a little deep in spots!

Does this mean I am going to be there this year?!?!

Jdub, you need to bring your butt on down. And leave the rubber boots at home, you'll be in the South. Take your shoes off, and squiggle your little 'ol bare toes on down in the poop. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Dvshunter

Tys is the year that hopefully I get to make it down there. I might borrow my a truckbed camper instead of my pop up so I can pull my trailer and unload some of my "extra" wood.  I hope it all works out this year. I've been trying to make it the last three years, but work never allows it. I think ill just quit this hear if they try and stop me.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline oscar3b

This does sound like fun!  Now the only question is...how do you know who everybody is?  Stupid screen names!
Ben

Berea, Kentucky
27" draw
30-70# (though I want to build to 125 one day)

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
You pick up on the screen names.  That's half of the fun!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline seabass

i know what you mean Oscar.last year i missed out talking to some really great people because i didn't know they were there.i probably talked to them but didn't know who they were.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Buckeye Guy

Seabass
Why is it  I have to go all the way to Tenn. to meet the neighbor down the road!
sure glad my brother got me there !

Don't forget the musical instruments cause that is my brothers big thing ! He loves his bass guitar !

Have fun and see ya real soon ,if the Good Lord is willing and the creek don't get to high !!!
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline seabass

i really wanted to meet you Guy and i missed out.look me up this year.i'll be in the bow making area.maybe i can come up your way this year.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline kid bow

So its a camping trip???? Lol

lol my list
1.) an army camo backpack/camelback
2.) knives and tools. (someone gotta hatchet by the way)
3.) trade items.
4.)wood and rock
5.) bows and a lot of arrows

am i missing anything
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 11:44:09 pm by kid bow »
i need nothing but my old bow and arrows.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Tick repelent. Preferably Permanone to spray on your cloths.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Buckeye Guy

I did not use any tic spray down there last year !!
Wouldn't that be great to say every year !!
My brother has it on his calender so I may be there again !
If the creek don't get to high !!
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
Fine Aged Tequila and Cigars?

:)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Now you're talking Gus!  ;)  Although that home made "tequilla" at the Classic is just as effective,  ;)  Sitting around the fire in the evening with a drink in one hand and a good cigar in the other can hardly be beat.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Ive never smoked a GOOD cigar, might have to try one with you Pat.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
Make sure to bring plenty of those glow in the flashlight beam trail tacks, so these guys that sit by the fire, with a good cigar and drink in their hands, can find their way back to their tents. :o ::)

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
Now you're talking Gus!  ;)  Although that home made "tequilla" at the Classic is just as effective,  ;)  Sitting around the fire in the evening with a drink in one hand and a good cigar in the other can hardly be beat.  8)

Yes Sir Pat I hear ya...
Tennessee has some of the Finest "Brown Water" on the Planet, I would not pass up an opportunity to sample a Local Vintage.

Have a Cask of Tequila that should be ready to bottle the end of April.
I'm planning on bringing a bottle or two and a box of Cigars to share...   8)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX