Author Topic: Congratulations to misslemaster for winning November/December SelfBow BOM!!!  (Read 7776 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Congratulations to misslemaster for winning November/December SelfBow BOM!!!
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,35760.0.html

Cody wins with his first ever Molly.

Here is what Cody had to say about his bow:  Well, I finally went and did it. I built myself a molly!

After seeing the bows Blackhawk has been cranking out, I had to try my hand at it. She's a 50/50 design(half lever, half working limb.) This is also my first attempt at snakeskin backing. I dont think I need to tell you that this bow is a screamer, and the smoothest drawing bow I have ever made.(You were right Chris, they are fun and addicting!!) This will definitely not be my last. I could have gone a bit narrower on the levers, but this was my first and also, the bow has a bit of propeller twist and I was worried about the stability factor.

Here are the specs:  Osage orange,
                                   60" NTN
                                   55# @ 27"
                                   2" at the widest point of the limb,
                                   3/4" at the base of the lever, tapering to a hair over 3/8" at the tip,
                                   8 heavy coats of gloss spar urethane and using pumice to get a
                                   satin finish.
  I hope you guys like it as much as I enjoyed building it.  I'd like to thank Chris (Blackhawk) for his help with this bow. He is, in my opinion the "molly master".  Thanks for looking,

Cody

Here are what some forum members had to say about: 
That is an awesome bow right there!  Uncleduck
WoW that is nice! Cody that's as close to lever tipped perfection as I have ever seen. You young guys crankin' out all these suhweet bows make me fee lazy cuz i'm not keepin up. And you also make me ask myself "why didn't I start doin this when I was a lot younger?" Love the Strunk grip wrap.  randman
Man that is a beautiful bow! I was thinking of posting a couple of bows that I just finished, but after seeing yours and some of the others I'm having second thoughts! Anyway Cody that is a seriously nice bow! Good Job!    Dale
Nice.  I love the way those wide working limbs let you get the whole diamond to show in that snakeskin.  Your finish work is really top notch.  Beautiful bow!  George

I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Keenan

Congratulations Cody. That is one of the most beautiful bows I have seen. Well done!

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
awesome Bow! perfect from tip to tip.
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
That is one incredable bow. Congrats Cody. Well done!  8)   Bring it to the Classic so I can get a good look at it.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline missilemaster

Thanks guys. Yea, I'll bring to Tennessee for sure!
All men die,  few men ever really live.

Real men love Jesus.

blackhawk

Congrats Cody   ;)     better let me shoot that sucka  8)

Offline Josh B

Congratulations Cody!  Another well deserved win.  That bow raised the already impossibly high bar that you seem to hold yourself too.  Well done!  Josh

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Congrats on another very fine bow and win.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
Congrats to a real masterpiece!! I love your work.
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
Congrats Cody!  I very fine piece.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Congratulations, Cody. Your bows keep get better and your bowyer skills are advancing rapidly. Keep them coming.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Well done Cody,beautiful bow and well deserved win.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

Great looking bow Cody!!!
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Buffalogobbler

Beautiful bow Cody!
Congrats!

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin