Linked Events

• MoJam 2013, Missori: July 18, 2013 - July 21, 2013

Author Topic: MOJam2013  (Read 29523 times)

Offline Bob Barnes

Re: MOJam2013
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2013, 09:28:30 pm »
It was an outstanding MoJam!  DVS, Howard,  and NoNose worked themselves way too hard and the results were lots and lots of newbies having very nice first bows!  The the long shot and clout shoot with John's warbow sling those huge arrows was amazing...the auction was a total blast...the meal was excellent...but it's seeing old friends and making new ones that keep most of us coming back.  Looking forward to the next one already.
Bob
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 09:03:07 am by Bob Barnes »
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2013, 11:20:04 pm »
I had a blast. There were lots of new faces this year which was great. Having Howard there as well as no nose made helping out a real good time. I always wish i had more time to meet and greet with people but that's what the eveningngs are for. 

I'm still uploading my pics but I should have them tonight or tomorrow and ill post em up.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2013, 12:31:23 am »
Dvs and Bob.. It was a pleasure meetin you guys! And thanks for the arrow trade Bob! They shoot great off my bow. Wish we coulda stayed longer...it was my gals 1st primitive event and she had a blast. Kerryb hooked us up with a coupla staves so today she got a lesson on roughing out with an axe and chasin a ring.  ;)
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Ben M

« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2013, 02:19:55 am »
I had a blast too. Thanks to all, and I'll be back next year with my kids.
-Ben

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2013, 08:41:55 am »

.more pics later I got over 60 something.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2013, 12:36:10 pm »
Me and the family had a good time too, day camping with KSPaul and gang.  The heat was brutal as usual but we managed to stay hydrated.

My boy used his spending money and my Genesis longbow to get first place in the clout shoot (shooting from the adult line).  He scored some nice prizes including a hop hornbeam stave from the Twin Oaks TN boys.  Paul got some advice on ELBs and started whittling on his nice yew stave.  Wives and daughters hung out and were of limited use (if they see this, just kidding).  I carved a mushroom on the end of a stick (wood carving is my latest hobby) and bought a rock at the auction.  Got a free lesson on using a stringmaking board, never had used one of those.  Wore my kilt to the potluck, Paul kindly wore his camo lava-lava so I wasn't the only one made fun of.  Hopefully no pics of that surface.

As always, it was a little different from last year and quite interesting.  Keith and the Marshall Bowhunters did a good job once again.  To whoever used the poison ivy leaves when the TP ran out, God help ye.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline Patches

« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2013, 12:41:22 pm »
I had a great time this year at MOJam.   It was good meeting several new people and seeing friends from past MOJams.  There were others there that I wish I had got to meet, I just never made it too far up the hill.  I am already looking forward to next years.  I hope that by next year I will have enough experience that I can be one of the guys helping the others make bows and give DVS hunter, Nonose, and Howard a little help.  Looking forward to seeing more photos!

Tom Sawyer, tell you son Congratulations on winning the clout shoot!  I was standing right next to him when he was shooting.  He put me to shame! He kicked all the old mens butts  :) 

Neal 
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2013, 12:50:17 pm »
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 01:13:05 pm by Bob Barnes »

Offline gifford

« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2013, 02:59:29 pm »
Bob & DVS - great pics, keep 'em coming.  :)

My camera didn't make the trip, it decided to stay on the kitchen table.

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2013, 03:25:50 pm »
Bob & DVS - great pics, keep 'em coming.  :)

My camera didn't make the trip, it decided to stay on the kitchen table.

Well I'm glad it was not the other way around... ;)

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2013, 03:52:13 pm »
These are all the pics I thought to snap with the phone.  Wish I'd taken more but I hate enjoying things through the lens of a camera.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2013, 04:25:46 pm »
a few more...

Offline mobow

« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2013, 05:59:27 pm »
apple pie 1   Sal  0

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2013, 06:56:46 pm »
Looks like a great weekend was had by all. Maybe next year for me, have to admit the Missouri heat kept me from making plans and coming but it was as hot & humid here as there so I should of just came after all. Gotta keep that
in mind next year. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2013, 07:07:12 pm »
Dvs and Bob.. It was a pleasure meetin you guys! And thanks for the arrow trade Bob! They shoot great off my bow. Wish we coulda stayed longer...it was my gals 1st primitive event and she had a blast. Kerryb hooked us up with a coupla staves so today she got a lesson on roughing out with an axe and chasin a ring.  ;)
Sorry I was on the dang phone when you came by, it was my oldest daughter that I don't hear from often.  She has great timing.

That pretty gal wasn't your sister?  How'd you get so lucky?  And she can chase a ring, cool.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO