Author Topic: yeeha! i missed perfectly  (Read 7734 times)

Offline armymedic.2

yeeha! i missed perfectly
« on: October 18, 2007, 10:47:55 pm »
beautiful doe, 11 yards, broadside, slowly walking, singled out a rib behind the shoulder, drew, and forgot to adjust my aim since she was so close.  i patted her on the back with the shaft but not the point.     ohh how my heart was pumping.  i plucked one hair from her back which was stuck in the thread wrap on my fletch.  it was really cool though, because she stuck around for about 15 minutes, and i say her turn and lick the top of her back where i slapped it.  perfect left right, just high cause i brain farted.    so much fun, best hunt of the season by far.  saw some more, but no shots.   can't complain at all, i love that feeling.  even when you misss you can't help but put your hand on your chest to make sure your hear strays iisde your ribcage   ;D  oh yeah, broke my stone point too, and boy was the break sharp.   had it broken on the shoulder it wohyld have done some serious damage.   deer 2, keith 0.     game i love to play, with the odds just right so far.
Some say freedom is free, well i have to disagree-
some say freedom is won, by the barrel of a gun.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: yeeha! i missed perfectly
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 10:51:21 pm »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( ;) :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Beleg813

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 10:57:42 pm »
beautiful doe, 11 yards, broadside, slowly walking, singled out a rib behind the shoulder, drew, and forgot to adjust my aim since she was so close.  i patted her on the back with the shaft but not the point.     ohh how my heart was pumping.  i plucked one hair from her back which was stuck in the thread wrap on my fletch.  it was really cool though, because she stuck around for about 15 minutes, and i say her turn and lick the top of her back where i slapped it.  perfect left right, just high cause i brain farted.    so much fun, best hunt of the season by far.  saw some more, but no shots.   can't complain at all, i love that feeling.  even when you misss you can't help but put your hand on your chest to make sure your hear strays iisde your ribcage   ;D  oh yeah, broke my stone point too, and boy was the break sharp.   had it broken on the shoulder it wohyld have done some serious damage.   deer 2, keith 0.     game i love to play, with the odds just right so far.

There's a very strange, but very positive, phenomenon on this site. It's like everyone applauds the hunt--and the bringing home of meat is just the icing on the cake. After reading this story (and many others very similar to it) I have the sudden urge to just go in the woods--not even with a bow and sit there and see what happens...this is a great thing :)

Thanks for sharing!

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 12:04:36 am »
Way ta go Keith! Sounds like yer havin a blast out there ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline david w.

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 12:14:32 am »
nothin i havent done ;D. MIssing makes it fun if you got one everytime it wouldnt be as fun
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 05:45:15 am »
I don't know if missing is that much fun david  :)but the do happen,more often than I care to mention.A good hunt is always fun and sounds like you had one. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 07:57:52 am »
Here's a thought, folks on here aren't afraid to admit to a miss, but how wheel/rifle hunters do you know
that admit they missed? I missed a doe and had a big buck hang up 2 steps from the shooting lane so far. What Fun ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline armymedic.2

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 09:17:18 am »
 beleg, i think it is important to be hunting in the woods to get the feeling i described.  i am in the woods a lot not hunting and it is un, and you can appreciate its beauty, ---------but to get the rush, sucessful or not, you need to be hunting in my opinion
Some say freedom is free, well i have to disagree-
some say freedom is won, by the barrel of a gun.

Offline david w.

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 09:35:00 am »
I don't know if missing is that much fun david  :)but the do happen,more often than I care to mention.A good hunt is always fun and sounds like you had one. :)
   Pappy

your right i dont know if missing is that much fun but it makes the hunt exciting :)
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 09:38:45 am »
Now I will agree with that. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Lilmoosecountry

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 02:53:56 pm »
It's fun that you atleast get the chance to shoot. Versus seeing nothing at all. But being alone in the great doors is better than being any where else. It does'nt matter to me at all seeing what the lord has provided. I think it's beautiful either way. Keep on having fun. May the lord bless you with a harvest my friend.

Offline Stonedog

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 10:38:08 am »
Thanks for sharing!  The HUNT is what it is all about!  The kill ends the hunt.......and is always bitter sweet.

One must kill with their heart.

Meaning....if you ever lose that small moment of sorrow when walking upon a dead animal...that you have killed......I (and it's just my opinion) feel like the heart is dead.....and then you are no longer killing with your heart.
Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

-Aiel Saying