Author Topic: Why aren't you hitting the target?  (Read 2552 times)

Offline Arrowind

Why aren't you hitting the target?
« on: February 03, 2013, 07:12:55 pm »
Thought you guys might like a laugh.  I was out in the yard doing some shooting and my six year old daughter says, "Why aren't you hitting the target dad?!"   I love how kids are so honest and don't hold back.... :laugh:

For the record I WAS hitting the "target" it's just that SOME  ::)  of the arrows were not quite hitting the exact middle...

She expects nothing less than a bullseye every time and she will keep you honest. ;) 
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline Gsulfridge

Re: Why aren't you hitting the target?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 07:24:18 pm »
Oh yeah, brutally honest. My sons always lay it out for me like "dad, did you try to hit the edge and tear the feathers off?" Or "that would be a good shot if it hit on over a little". Gotta love em!
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 07:57:58 pm »
That's when you tell them to start running downrange cause you work better with a moving target  >:D

Offline Roy

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 09:47:38 pm »
LOL, my step son told his 4 year old son he better start to listen. The 4 year old said, did you listen when you was little:) LOL Dad didn't know what to say then..

Offline darwin

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 10:51:37 am »
My favorite is "well if your deer was laying down you would have hit it"

Offline Marks

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 02:02:35 pm »
"GO TO YOUR ROOM!!!" haha

Offline Matt G.

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 08:08:50 pm »
I was shooting in the garage with the boy and he missed the target and hit the wall barely stuck. His eyes got real big like he was in trouble with that face like "I'm done!" I said don't worry we won't tell mom.
A few rounds later I did the same thing except mine buried to the fletch. He looks at me and says " "don't worry. We won't tell mom". I lost it.
Keeping the Faith!
Matt

Offline Traxx

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 12:50:23 am »
You can count on the kids to tell you how it is,not how we want it to be.LOL

Offline lowell

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 04:05:50 pm »
Cool story Arrowind!!

Went to a couple 3-d shoots this summer with son and grandson.  Grandson (4 1/2)  started saying stuff like "your going to hit that tree" and "don't hit the rock".....seemed like when we would get to full draw. >:D 

Trash talk can start anytime I guess!! 8)   Maybe he got it from his son and Papa!!
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!