Author Topic: Close but no hog  (Read 1786 times)

Offline trad bow

Close but no hog
« on: February 02, 2013, 09:21:59 pm »
Went to my lease in the Ga swamps this morning to do a hog hunt and scout some for turkey season. Temps started out around 39 degrees but warmed up to the mid 50's before lunch. I started out in the planted pines hunting the wet weather ponds. We have 5 ponds that vary in size from 1 to 15 acres. Got on a big hog first thing but couldn't get a shot thru the bulrushes before the wind swirled and he busted me. Here is a picture of the pond I found him in.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       I then moved to the hardwoods later in the morning and there was fresh rooting all over the sloughs. Guess that is where I should have started. I'll go back Monday morning and give it another go.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 09:25:28 pm by trad bow »

Offline trad bow

Re: Close but no hog
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 09:27:57 pm »
Plenty of fresh rooting.                 

Offline PrimitiveTim

Re: Close but no hog
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 12:26:33 am »
Oooh, a hog hunt!  That sounds exciting.  Good luck on your hunt!  I'd be interested to know everything about this hunt.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!