Author Topic: 2013 Bow Trade Works In Progress  (Read 546503 times)

Offline bubby

Re: 2013 Bow Trade Works In Progress
« Reply #1410 on: May 23, 2013, 07:59:59 pm »
too bad it's not coming this way kip, I keep lookin' for a lefty bow :( :laugh:
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Weylin

« Reply #1411 on: May 23, 2013, 09:16:35 pm »
Nice bows, everybody! What a great trade so far. I've got the recurves bent into my osage stave and I'll start the tillering soon. I'm starting to get more excited as it's shaping up. May be hard to let go of this one.

Offline 1442

« Reply #1412 on: May 24, 2013, 08:40:13 am »
Lots of killer looking bows guys. I have been way too distracted and out of town to get anything done for some time now, but things are starting to turn around to where I can get some time in on the trade bow. I have it floor tillered ready for a string and it shouldn't take long to have her shooting. I am gonna keep it pretty simple to minimize anything that could go wrong. Tip overlays have failed me a few times so there wont be any on the bow. I'll try to make up for the lack of extra good looking stuff with extra durability.
  There is one knot that I would rather not be there but I will find out more about it with the string on. I gotta another stave in line ready just in case something goes wrong with this one too. Catching up on all the posts here and looking at the beautiful bows being turned out has really got me itching to get er done and sling some arrows.   T.D.

Offline darwin

« Reply #1413 on: May 24, 2013, 11:32:10 am »
Having a little propeller twist issues that im trying to fix 

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #1414 on: May 25, 2013, 11:36:11 am »
Awesome looking bow Matt!
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline burn em up chuck

« Reply #1415 on: May 25, 2013, 10:56:24 pm »
   just checking in, friday night I braced my trade bow for the first time w/a little work the tiller came in, and was shooting it. Worked on flipping the tips, and shaped some bone for tip overlays.
   Know I need too try in ernest to figure out how to post pictures w/apple. I used to use photo bucket when I had a pc. Anyway more to come. hopefully w/pictures.

chuck
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1416 on: May 26, 2013, 10:27:58 am »
Hello all, been out of pocket for a while. Since retiring a couple of months ago I think I've been online once...just needed some time away from a computer I guess since I set in front of one most of each day with my job. Just about have my trade bow completed, finished sealing and put a grip on a couple of days ago. Another hour or so and should have it done! I think I'll make a bow stringer and send that along with it as well. Will be messaging Pearl Drum with an address request soon. Don't have a camera available at the moment. Pappy may have taken a picture of it yesterday when I had it at Twin Oaks. Should have it headed out soon.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Gordon

« Reply #1417 on: May 26, 2013, 10:56:33 am »
My trade bow is packaged up and ready for a trip to the post office on Tuesday.
Gordon

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #1418 on: May 26, 2013, 11:54:02 am »
I got stalled on my primary trade bow (crepe myrtle stave), so I worked on my back up yesterday, a hickory backed ipe. I got it ready for brace and will put my tip overlays on it today and finish tillering her. Maybe I can get her ready to shoot in today and tomorrow. When I get the back up finished, I may go back to the other one and see if I can still make her work. If not, I won't be caught with my pants down and down to the last minute again.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #1419 on: May 27, 2013, 10:19:26 am »
Well I got to shoot Kips swapper, Ryan brought it to Marshall with him. What a pleasure to shoot. The bow is smooth as butta' and very quick. As expected, the finish work is flawless to boot. EXCELLENT work Kip Winger, Excellent!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #1420 on: May 27, 2013, 04:56:21 pm »
Gopher, you're most welcome.  I'm glad the bow made it to you in one piece.  Looks like you shoot it very well. 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #1421 on: May 27, 2013, 06:17:59 pm »
When I got home from the Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
there was a package waiting for me from Juniper Junkie Whoohoo !
it is raining so all the good stuff will have to wait !
Now that Marshall is over I can start on my second attempt at my trade bow !
What direction should I take on this one ?
Still have unpacking to try to do between rain drops so see ya later!
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline coaster500

« Reply #1422 on: May 27, 2013, 11:18:35 pm »
Thanks Drums, I had some terrific teachers :)
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline wildkatt

« Reply #1423 on: May 28, 2013, 12:58:42 am »
 :o WOW some great bows going out.  ;D Well my Recipient has received his Bow. >:D I hope he has time to post some pics since i dont have any good ones.  :o Another big thanks to all the peeps who run the trades. Waiting for the next one now and looking at stave pile. 8) Love these trades.

KATT
I didnt claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegies

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #1424 on: May 28, 2013, 11:08:06 am »
Man you guys are getting some great bows . I can't wait to get mine the waiting is the hardest part . But we don't have much longer to wait the dead line will be here before you know it .