Author Topic: 2012 Red Oak Board Bow Trade  (Read 52070 times)

Offline Onebowonder

Re: 2012 Red Oak Board Bow Trade
« Reply #210 on: July 23, 2013, 01:47:43 pm »
Apparently, and update to the group is in order, though I have been in touch with my recipient directly.

I'm still working on my RO Trade bow.  Worked on the latest re-vision on it last night.  I have been in touch with my recipient and have been keeping him apprised of my progress and issues along the way.  I've sent him some pictures and had good talks with him about the bow(s) I've been trying to make.  I'm still having fun with this trade, and I think he is too.  He will get a bow out of it in the end, ...but I'm not inclined to send him something second rate.  My purpose from the outset has been to have fun making someone a bow, ...not to get one.  Someone did send me a bow, but it remains in the tube it was shipped in yet unopened.  I'm excited to see it, but I want to finish the one I can ship first.  Heck, I even offered to send my recipient the one that had been sent to me sight unseen, but he declined as he preferred to wait for the one I was making for him.

I have explained to my recipient that there have been a number of life things that have gotten in the way of completeing his bow.  I think he understands.  Not to make excuses, I hate to be so late, ...but frankly, I've had a bad time of it.  I've had two come in WAY underweight, one bust, and another never even came together from the get-go (overly complex design).  I carried two candidates to MOJAM with me last week hoping that one of them would prove to be the one I could ship, but both were underweight.  Trapping RO really saps the pounds of draw weight out of a bow REAL QUICK I found!  I'm on plan E now, which has built upon the things I've learned from A - D.  My fingers are crossed...

OneBow

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #211 on: July 23, 2013, 02:02:16 pm »
not fair to the guy who sent you a bow - - he wants to know what you think, and he wants some public props that he did send his bow on time and how much you like it, etc. . . .

my 2 cents.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #212 on: August 26, 2013, 11:02:20 am »
Well this thing ended about 6 months ago. Surprisingly enough 3 of the people who haven't shipped are also on the 2013 PA Trade list as not shipped. Surprise, surprise. "Life" getting in the way is a crap excuse. I see these people spend hours each day right here, yet cant seem to get bows out because "life" got in the way. Its BS and you people know it.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline autologus

« Reply #213 on: August 26, 2013, 12:54:09 pm »
If you have not received your bow from the bow trade PM me and I will make sure that you get one.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.