Author Topic: This kinda hurt!  (Read 2827 times)

Offline Slackbunny

Re: This kinda hurt!
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 11:48:50 am »
Ouch! I nearly did a similar thing last summer. I blew a nail through the edge of a 2x4 and it missed my hand by millimeters only to go shooting across the garage we were building. Glad to hear that it healed well.

Offline okie64

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 02:25:03 pm »
Pretty cool to hear everybody elses battle stories, makes me not feel like such a dumba$$. I was probably overdue as Ive been doing carpentry work for the last 18 years without any serious injury.
Josh you are a lot tougher than I am, no way i could ever stitch myself up. Now lets see some more injuries!

Offline lowell

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 03:47:13 pm »
Ouch to both of you.

Gun Doc...My first thought when I saw your picture was a 3 blade broadhead hit you....glad it wasn't!!
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 11:03:31 pm »
I was a carpenter for a couple of months when I was 19.  Some idiot (me) left a hammer on the top of a tall ladder.  When I moved the ladder the hammer fell and hit me right on top of the head.  Luckily the head of it hit and not the claw end.  I got a fractured skull and a permanent half moon dent.  Thats when I decided I didn't want to be a carpenter any more.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 11:12:34 pm »
You shoulda taken that nasty hang-nail to a salon where some 74 lb Veitnamese woman would have had it out in a jiffy, trimmed and buffed the other nails and talked you into a Brazilian wax and a spray tan in under 8 minutes!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2013, 11:55:37 am »
Nail guns are about forgiving as table saws. Not much mercy. Shot myself a couple times with a pin nailer flesh wounds. Using my spiker in my bath reno. Good thing it's not a bostich where they use wire to tie the nails together. Heal fast be safe.
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline NativeGrizzMan

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2013, 01:01:30 am »
that looked pretty brutal on both accounts

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2013, 01:15:21 am »
I was camping with my brother and I made the terrible mistake of slicing my hand open with a knife while cleaning a fish.  All we had for first aid was an ace bandage.  Knowing that it was bad I wrapped my entire hand up like a mummy.  the next day my brother paddled us out of there and we went home.  This is what it looked like after I unwrapped it.  There was still fish blood and scales on my hand when I took the bandage off.  It's a miracle it didn't get infected.  That scar will forever remind me of that trip.  Now, I clean fish with my bare hands.  I try not to use knives unless I have to.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2013, 01:49:21 am »
That's why I have several types of CA Glue in my First Aid kit... Thin, Medium and Gel...
I hate sewing myself up, done it too many times to count...
CA Glue is Muy Bueno!

:)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2013, 04:35:23 pm »
That's why I have several types of CA Glue in my First Aid kit... Thin, Medium and Gel...
I hate sewing myself up, done it too many times to count...
CA Glue is Muy Bueno!

:)

-gus

Just be sure to do your dangedest to get that would cleaned up before you seal it with the superglue...otherwise you are trapping the nasties in there!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.