Author Topic: rough cut lumber for bow making  (Read 2855 times)

Offline mnviking

rough cut lumber for bow making
« on: February 20, 2013, 10:44:42 pm »
Hi folks

I just purchased a bunch of 1" by 3" by 6 foot long boards from Erik at Doll lumber in Ohio.  check out their web site as they have many different types of wood.  Hickory. curly maple, curly ash, ash, walnut, locust are just a few of the rough cut boards I just received.  I think their prices are very reasonable and they shipped from Ohio to my new location in florida in a timely manner for what I think is a very reasonable cost.  check out their web site.

I Will start a laminated  bow made from the curly hard maple and hickory as the center strip tomorrow. I will use G2 two part resin on this bow but also purchased some t88 two part resin.   I have used TB III on the last five bows I laminated and it holds up well so far.  the G2 is supposed to work good with oily woods and fiberglass backing so that is why I am going to try it.   EA 40 worked good on the take down recurves I made but I was looking for a lower cost resin that I did not have to be "cooked"  so will let you know how the G2 works

anyone that has used g2 please let me know your opinions
thanks

good shooting