Author Topic: Deerhunter's flintknapping thread  (Read 22 times)

Offline Deerhunter21

• No grudges held, just lessons learned
Deerhunter's flintknapping thread
« on: October 16, 2019, 07:06:48 pm »
ok guys, i got a box of rock, made an indirect and am meeting up with a flintknapping guy. Ive been working on a ton of rock and I get like 5 questions an hour of knapping. I feel like im posting too many threads so heres one big one so i dont clutter this page up too much.  :KN :KN :-K :-K )P(
"Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money." Cree Native-American Proverb

A amature practices untill he gets it right. A master practices untill he never gets it wrong.

Offline Deerhunter21

• No grudges held, just lessons learned
Re: Deerhunter's flintknapping thread
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 07:11:16 pm »
And now the questions,

What type of rock is this? I gotta get more! This rock just taught me to hit the rock HARD but controlled. It works beautiful with percussion and is not prone to snapping or brittle.

When pressure flaking with a pressure flaker do i shoot flakes by pushing into the rock and then snapping
"Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money." Cree Native-American Proverb

A amature practices untill he gets it right. A master practices untill he never gets it wrong.