Author Topic: Hello from northern Michigan  (Read 2988 times)

Thunder Bay

Hello from northern Michigan
« on: February 28, 2013, 10:55:46 am »
Hello all,
I've been lurking around here for a while now and just thought I'd post a message in this section and say Hi. I'm 43 years old and live in northern Michigan in the Alpena area with my wife and 4 year old daughter. I'm originally from the U.P. and have been interested in wood bows for a long time now but have yet to have any successful attempts. All have resulted in epic fails....  I have a few hobbies bowhunting, traditional archery and dog sledding.   All of my past attempts with wood bows have been with Maple. I've acquired an Osage stave and plan on making that my next attempt as soon as the weather warms back up as I have to do all my bow/kindling making outside. Yeah, I know... how pitiful,  a wood bowyer  with out a workshop.   :o   

Offline Frawg

• Mayan Apocalypse Survivor
    • N/A
Re: Hello from northern Michigan
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 10:10:03 pm »
Welcome aboard. Look forward to seeing pics of the Osage bow when she is done.
Matt
Matt Bradley

Glade Valley, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 11:45:03 am »
Welcome to PA,great place to learn,good luck on your next one,hang in and it will all come together. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 11:16:49 pm »
Hello Thunder Bay from a fellow Michigander!  I'm closer to the Lansing area.  If you wish to do some work on the osage, come down the the Marshall, MI Primitive Rendezvous on Memorial Weekend.  Its a camping weekend and there will be a bunch of bowmaking and help going on.  They also have a course set up for trying out your new stick!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Thunder Bay

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 10:47:34 pm »
I'm going to try and make it down but my schedule at work ALWAYS has me working on the days things like this go on and when there is nothing to go to I'm off...... I'm hoping I can get the days off.