Author Topic: 1st flinter  (Read 5055 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: 1st flinter
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2013, 02:19:47 am »

:o :o :o :o :o!!!!!!!!!!!!   Boy!  I bet you had a COLD summer!!  .......
     Sooooo how much are your monthly payments on her new Lexus? ;D ;D ;D
Sorry, but chocolate, flowers, wine, and harlequins, just won't cut it in this case!
     Hmmmm,. I wonder if her first thoughts after the smoke cleared, was...... Just how much insurance DOES he have on me?!! :o ::) ::)
Man, how much explaining did you have to do at the ER?!  I am glad that all went well with her recovery, and her not exacting revenge on you. ;)  Uh...... wait a minute did you say, ...... she wants to build one now......?  Just a suggestion, you know a hunting tip,  ::)  set your stand up a couple hundred yd.s from her stand.  You know, so uh, you won't uh..... spook any game that might be passing by....... you know, that way, there won't be any urge to talk, about the day before, and what the neighbors say, and what she looked at while shopping..... you know that sort of thing....... Well, ...... that is what you can tell her, ::) and keep a pair of binoculars handy, so you can see if she is climbing down from the stand, and low crawling in your general direction........ ::)  You know, uh...... like maybe she is stalking a dear, I mean a deer...... ::)  ;D ;D ;D ;D  Oh, and check to see if the amount of coverage, and accidental death clause has increased at all. ::)  You know..... just a suggestion..... ::) ;)

Wayne

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2013, 08:42:52 am »
Looks like a beauty to me,very well done. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bigpapa

• all the senorita's call me bigpapa
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 10:15:32 am »
That's fine lookin example of Kentucky heritage! ;D
Our only limitations in life are the ones we put on ourselves!
Dream your dreams, and fly like the eagles!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2013, 10:45:11 am »
Wow!  You guys were lucky.  A few inches the wrong way and that could have been very bad.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline robby

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 10:47:20 am »
Nice job Wildman.
Robby

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 08:57:22 pm »
Just curious, Why did you put the faux striping on the stock? There are alot of treatments for walnut that would have looked much better.

Offline wildman

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 10:10:09 pm »
I have a .62 fusil in solid walnut,pretty plain looking. I like the stripes and its alot more predictable and less messy than acid.
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 11:25:41 am »
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, just never seen that done to a nice piece of walnut before.

Not to say it hasn't been done before. Here is an example of it done right;

In looking up some pictures of faux striping I found some, even on originals , that looked like the builder handed a toddler their stock and let them finger paint on it, they were that bad.

I haven't decided which way I will go on my fowler, probably do a test with aqufortis on some scrap wood. My walnut stock has a good bit of curl in the butt that I want to emphasize.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 11:34:21 am by Eric Krewson »